LegacyGT.com

Looks like a manual for the Limited...is this new?

Twin-scroll isn't really much of a benefit in turbos suited to max out at about 350hp or less on the 2.5L engines. When you get in the 400+ range though, it can be more suitable towards drivability as a main feature of the twin-scroll design is response and drivability. That design is advantageous over a single-turbo solution where drivability with a good margin over stock is desired, when the performance margin of desire is a good bit over your stock WRX or even STi. Think 400hp, but with potentially greater drivability. :o I think Preston has been hinting to this.. [url=http://www.litimports.co.uk/emailer/14.01.04/]LINK[/url]

I had thought of it before that, but the Type 25 solidified the possibility. I would think that a 400hp/400+ ft-lbs would be amazing with the twinscroll to keep up the boost in the lower revs. Boy, are we straying from the topic.

[quote name='SUBE555']It's a forum, when do we not stray from topic 98% of the time! :D Back on-topic, we WILL have a 5MT w/ the Limited trim.[/quote] If the manual Limited comes in under $30K (fat chance...) I'm there. Otherwise, it will be the base GT, with aftermarket installed leather, which will get me my leather, manual and no sunroof. I know that autoboxes have improved greatly, and Paul Hansen had very good things to say about the GT autobox, which does hold the gear and rpms. But most manumatics do that today, even the one on the company pool car (a Chevrolet Malibu). I just can't NOT stir my own pot, but I admit to being a control freak. :D Kevin

I will not own an automatic car if it's humanly possible. Kevin, I think the manual GT Limited WILL come in under $30K. I think that's why we're not getting NAV and HIDs. I think SOA is being VERY careful with their pricing, because they've learned from their mistakes (SVX and LL Bean/VDC). I firmly predice a GT Limited with manual at $29,000 MSRP. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, perhaps just sheer rationalization, but we'll just have to see. Ken

I am expecting to get a GT Limited manual with moonfoor for less than $30K. I think that's what Subaru is planning. Think about how much the Outback LLbean will have to cost if the GT Limited is over $30K? I might be optomistic, but if needs be I will delete the leather option immediately.

[quote name='team23jordan']:cry: automatic for turbo car makes me sad :roll:[/quote] Well.... there manual for people that can feel and understand the difference, and there is auto for most others that either can't or don't need to push the car to the limit (it still get you from poin A to point B and difference in 1/4 mile is usualy about .3 seconds between Auto or Stick in most cases). That's exactly the reason why SoA should have both available, Since most sales for Average Joe will be Auto.

In a Canadian GT Limited thread just posted by a member from the Great White North... <<The GT Limited Manual will be at my dealer on June 1st - The GT Limited Manual will be priced between 38K to 39K $ca>> The conversion has the GT limited manual at something around $28K, if any correlation at all can be drawn. Yow! Kevin

That's right, a really good deal. Be careful with the dollar-to-dollar conversion between Canada and US, it is not always applicable. What you should do to improve accuracy is to look at the 03 price differences between the CA and US models and calculate the percentage of difference, then apply it on 38,5K to give you the almost right amount in US Hope this helps Francois

That's about my speculation too SUBE555. But I'd guess a $2,000 bump for the Limited. Electroluminescent gauges 6CD changer Leather Moonroof Power seats So $26,000 for the base GT, and $28,000 for the GT Limited. I can live with that.

[quote name='kage']That's about my speculation too SUBE555. But I'd guess a $2,000 bump for the Limited. Electroluminescent gauges 6CD changer Leather Moonroof Power seats So $26,000 for the base GT, and $28,000 for the GT Limited. I can live with that.[/quote] Aren't the electroluminescent gauges and 6-disc changer standard on all GTs? I thougt that the Limited added only the leather, moonroof and power seats? Kevin

Whoops, you're probably right. EDIT: Okay, according to need-desire, the moonroof, perforated leather, and power seats are the main differences. It also lists that the 2.5i Limited has 4 way heating and automatic climate control, but I'm not sure whether that difference holds between the GT and GT Limited.

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='SUBE555']It's a forum, when do we not stray from topic 98% of the time! :D Back on-topic, we WILL have a 5MT w/ the Limited trim.[/quote] If the manual Limited comes in under $30K (fat chance...) I'm there. Otherwise, it will be the base GT, with aftermarket installed leather, which will get me my leather, manual and no sunroof. I know that autoboxes have improved greatly, and Paul Hansen had very good things to say about the GT autobox, which does hold the gear and rpms. But most manumatics do that today, even the one on the company pool car (a Chevrolet Malibu). I just can't NOT stir my own pot, but I admit to being a control freak. :D Kevin[/quote] Kevin are you going for the leatherseats.com(is that correct?) aftermarket leather or you have someone local in chicagoland? Did you get leather in the WRX? cheers Nick

Lets just hope you have the option of doing it either way. Dealerships will order what's popular anyhow, so why not give people the option on customer ordered cars to give people the option? Doesn't seem overly difficult in essence, just add it to the options list. When they're making the whole layout for the new car, it seems minor.

[quote name='titsataki'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='SUBE555']It's a forum, when do we not stray from topic 98% of the time! :D Back on-topic, we WILL have a 5MT w/ the Limited trim.[/quote] If the manual Limited comes in under $30K (fat chance...) I'm there. Otherwise, it will be the base GT, with aftermarket installed leather, which will get me my leather, manual and no sunroof. I know that autoboxes have improved greatly, and Paul Hansen had very good things to say about the GT autobox, which does hold the gear and rpms. But most manumatics do that today, even the one on the company pool car (a Chevrolet Malibu). I just can't NOT stir my own pot, but I admit to being a control freak. :D Kevin[/quote] Kevin are you going for the leatherseats.com(is that correct?) aftermarket leather or you have someone local in chicagoland? Did you get leather in the WRX? cheers Nick[/quote] I didn't get leather in the WRX, and might not in the Legacy. I'll have to see/sit in it, first. Some is slippery, some is grippy. And ultimately, I think I like plopping a wet or muddy butt in a car seat too much to be completely comfortable with leather, being the car care fanatic that I am. Kevin

If I'm wet or muddy, I make sure to get myself clean enough or covered up enough to not spread the elements to the interior of my car, so it should be fine regardless. :) Just keep a couple of decent sized towels in your car. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='gtguy']If the manual Limited comes in under $30K (fat chance...) I'm there. Otherwise, it will be the base GT, with aftermarket installed leather, which will get me my leather, manual and no sunroof.[/quote] Must have MT and I'd like a sunroof and leather. But if the front seats would have to be tossed to give me something adequately supportive then there is no sense getting leather just to throw it away. And that means I lose the sunroof (moonroof? what's in a name?). Grrrr! :evil: -- Bill

Archived