LegacyGT.com

Auto Masters of Westchester

eL GaTo

Has anyone dealt with Automasters of Westchester out of Mamaroneck, NY?
When I searched this site I found this guy's thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/turbo-powertrains-2-0gt/31811-legacy-gt35r-built-motor.html

I was thinking about going with them as well but it won't be for a while. I might swing by their place to see how they operate though since I'm close by.

Auto Master of Westchester

That's their website.

I thought this sounded cool:

AutoMaster and AMR Performance are proud to bring you EVO vs STi.

August 26th at Raceway Park!

I remember them saying something about that on here.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

When I searched this site I found this guy's thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/turbo-powertrains-2-0gt/31811-legacy-gt35r-built-motor.html

I was thinking about going with them as well but it won't be for a while. I might swing by their place to see how they operate though since I'm close by.

Let me know what you think of them. :icon_wink

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Let me know what you think of them. :icon_wink

I'm not going to be going there for at least another 9 months so don't hold your breath. Maybe PM the guy who started the thread I mentioned earlier. I hear slightly mixed reviews on that place from what I have found through researching.

• 7 months later...
I've heard conflicting stories on their tunes but their mechanical work seems to be top notch. Like I said before, I met Rob once & he was a real nice guy that really seemed to know what he was doing. I just wish the stories were a little more consistent but I guess people will have problems with anyone & we prob only hear the bad stories.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

FWIW, http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40010&page=4

Every tuner has different opinions on how to make power. Whichever tuner you pick, make sure they give you a dyno chart with boost and AFR plots on it. It would be nice to have timing on it too but I don't think tuners automatically give you that.

Also, make sure to datalog the car after you get a pro-tune or e-tune. You may disagree with the tuner's philosophy or there may be knock due to some unforeseen situation ... etc... I would always play it safe and would want to know what the engine is doing.

Archived