LegacyGT.com

Perrin Axle-back

Abandonhope16

Anyone at all? I've heard the catback sound clip, but I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion of how just the mufflers sounded. Is there still the fitment issue that was present in the original catback version? It is direct bolt-on, right? It seems like a good value compared to our other options. Anyone's help would be appreciated. Thanks.

^ +1 to "bolt-on."

Also, search around a bit....I seem to remember viewing a vid-clip of an LGT fitted with only the Perrin canisters, dating back a few months ago.

Wish I could help more! :redface: Best of luck! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

http://legacygt.com/forums/legacy-photos/39574-exterior-shots-h-techs.html i have em. Check out 3rd or 4th pic. They are loud, i dont know how much louder they would make a car if you were stock from the turbo all the way to the axle part, but im catless and it wasn't loud at all w/ the stock mufflers on. Once i put the perrins on it is a world of difference!
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

performance loss vs. full cat back? It main hold up is our stock y pipe right?

^ Depends on who you ask.

And strangely enough, both sides have dyno plots to prove their case, too!

:confused:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

http://legacygt.com/forums/legacy-photos/39574-exterior-shots-h-techs.html i have em. Check out 3rd or 4th pic. They are loud, i dont know how much louder they would make a car if you were stock from the turbo all the way to the axle part, but im catless and it wasn't loud at all w/ the stock mufflers on. Once i put the perrins on it is a world of difference!

right can looks lower...is it?

Could anyone with Perrin experience tell me if it is loud at idle or moderate acceleration? If I floor it and its loud, thats not that big of a deal for me. I just don't want to attract any unwanted attention if I'm only accelerating normally. And what about the dreaded drone? Its really hard to tell from any of the sound clips I've heard b/c it seems that the car is in neutral and people are just laying the gas. Not really doing justice to normal day to day driving. Thank you.

yes there is definate fitment issues w/ these cans. I am still on the stock y-pipe i have a midpipe in my garage but im waiting to get it welded in. Additionally the exhaust hangers aren't stiff enough to support them, so they tend to hang low or even pop out sometimes.

ill go make a sound clip right now

Awesome, thanks a bunch. You're just axleback? What are you impressions relating to my questions from post #13, seeing that you hear day to day. I'm guessing sound may be a bit different, given your stage II setup. Thanks again.

Awesome, thanks a bunch. You're just axleback? What are you impressions relating to my questions from post #13, seeing that you hear day to day. I'm guessing sound may be a bit different, given your stage II setup. Thanks again.

i think he's just got the cans.

jfyi heres one from scan's website pimpmyauto.com of a perrin setup ripping it in a parking lot. DropShots Day

Heres Mine: My setup:exhaust: STI-Up-pipe, Crucial DP, Crucial Racepipe, Perrin Mufflers, Perrin TMIC (and i shot this inside my garage so it may be a little louder but its pouring outside right now ;( )

Perrin Inside and Out video by c0lbyj - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/c0lbyj/M4V01261.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid67@@AMEPARAM@@67@@AMEPARAM@@h300/c0lbyj/M4V01261

well ill just put it this way... my brother had my car for a weekend and got on it infront of a cop and got pulled over for loud exhaust lol. However i dont drive like an assclown in town and if you dont floor it, it is very pleasing to my ears and not too excessive. My dad is a 53 year old guy and even likes it, doesn't say its too droney or loud at all.

Archived