LegacyGT.com

I need ContiExtreme updates...

heybige

Just found out two of my Falken 512's have sidewall gashes and need replacing. I mounted the ContiExtremes on my wife's car (225-45-17). Looking to add them onto the LGT (225-40-18).

Any owners out there with significant miles on them? A lot of searches showed glowing reviews, but I'm looking for long-term thoughts. With the low-sound-dampening doors we have, the biggest question I have is if the tires have gotten louder at the 10k-15k mark. The 512's are howling right now...

Thanks in advance!

Sound-wise, they are not a very quiet tire (easy to tell cause the RS does not isolates road/tire and wind noise). As for how they age, I would say that tire noise has not increased with mileage.

Some added thoughts. . .not really performance rubber. I've had them on my MY00 2.5RS for about 3 years now (~35k miles). The high treadwear rating (440) means they are a pretty hard tire and wear slowly. Grip is slightly improved over the RE92's. Treadblocks are definitely not very aggressive.

Well, I've had mine for about 8k miles now. I just pulled them off to put my freshly powder coated P-1's on with Kumho SPT's on :) . The Conti's look near new. They will be kept around for runs to Tahoe. I started to like them more as they wore in a bit. Less squirmy in the dry, and thus better grip. They ride very nice, thanks to the compliant sidewall. My stiff suspension keeps them on the contact patch, so the sidewall flex doesn't bother me. Any time it rained, got cold, or where driven in the snow, I smiled knowing how much better the Conti Extreme's are then the re92s. Excellent tire. Still, if you don't plan on driving in the snow much, or at all, I'd get the P zeros.

I went ahead and had these put on yesterday (1 day shipping from Tire Rack's DE warehouse...). They're a little wider than my same-sized 225/40/18 Falken 512's, which isn't a bad thing for rim protection. So far, they are definitely more comfortable than the Falkens - looking forward to putting more miles on these.

Archived