LegacyGT.com

Anyone know of any NEW '05 LGT LTD 5mt Wagon's at dealerships?

Hi guys/gals,

Lookin for a 5mt LGT LTD Wagon, which I understand was only available in '05. I've heard rumor that there are still a few new ones floating around dealer lots. There are none in the midatlantic region as I've had two dealers do searches, but they're not willing to do 48 state searches. I was hoping you guys might know of one or two so I could have my dealer search that particular state.

It's a shame they don't offer the wagon in a manual anymore 'cause I would buy an '06 or even an '07 if it were an option.

BTW, any leads on a low mileage used one is cool too, I want me a LGT!!!

Thanks,

Ary

There may be a few floating around, but after spending a week searching they didn't find any (or any dealerships willing to give them up) in NY, VT, MA, NH, PA, or ME. I, too, was in the same boat as you. I ended up with an '06 OBXT 5MT non-limited.

Try these links.

I did a search last week and found these 3 brand new.

Black Wagon 5MT w/taupe int. -

Black Wagon 5MT w/black int.

Platinum Silver Metallic 5MT

I'm not sure if they actually have them, or if they are just advertising. I didnt call them, but there are the numbers and the names of the dealers.

Let me know how it went and if they were real.

Good luck.

Call Subaru North America and ask for Customer Service. Tell them what you are looking for and ask them to run a nation-wide search. If you go through a dealer they will only search in their region - northeast, mid atlantic, central, etc. I bought my '05 legacy gt ltd wagon 5mt in May after running a national search as well, only three left in the country. Following my purchase there were two left, one in southern California, the other in New Jersey. if I find the dealer info again in NJ I will pm you. Good luck!

Try these links.

I did a search last week and found these 3 brand new.

Black Wagon 5MT w/taupe int. -

Black Wagon 5MT w/black int.

Platinum Silver Metallic 5MT

I'm not sure if they actually have them, or if they are just advertising. I didnt call them, but there are the numbers and the names of the dealers.

Let me know how it went and if they were real.

Good luck.

All ghost cars, apparently the ads are lost in the system but the cars are long gone.

Just got off the phone with SOA and there are no more showing in the system :(

Guess I'm back to looking for a used one.

Sorry man....well, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be able to find you one.

There's always the 05 Forester XT also......pretty quick, but you won't get the handling of the Legacy without some mods.....Good luck in your search.

Call Subaru North America and ask for Customer Service. Tell them what you are looking for and ask them to run a nation-wide search. If you go through a dealer they will only search in their region - northeast, mid atlantic, central, etc. I bought my '05 legacy gt ltd wagon 5mt in May after running a national search as well, only three left in the country. Following my purchase there were two left, one in southern California, the other in New Jersey. if I find the dealer info again in NJ I will pm you. Good luck!

Good advice. I also found mine LGT 5MT wagon via Subaru. But according to them it was the last one east of Mississipi (in May when I got mine).

However - their database is not acurate. There was another one at another dealership that I even went to see and SOA didn't know of it.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys/gals,

BTW, any leads on a low mileage used one is cool too, I want me a LGT!!!

Thanks,

Ary

Not sure iof your still looking, but it took me about three weeks to find one. Went to the dealer, and I was told I was looking for the impossible. They checked and say nada. Went to a different dealership, and I was told I was looking for a unicorn. Both places took down my name and said they would keep their eyes open. Then I thought I found one. Description was a black LGT wagon manual. I get to the dealership and it's the non-GT version. I still test drove it, but in the end, it just didn't do a thing for me. I finally found one with very low miles on it and I couldn't pass it up. I do know that at the same time I purchased mine, a guy in Alaska was trying to sell his with I believe on 3500 miles on it.

Good luck. BTW, I love me LGT limited wagon, and if you end up finding one, you will too. Great car.

definitely worth waiting for the right used one.

realizing the the wagon was no longer going to be produced with a manual bumped up my new car purchase by a few months just to make sure I got what I wanted (there were still 2 in town at that point in december '05).

Archived