LegacyGT.com

Is This The Definition Of A Lemon?

live in montana bought car in winter so never used a/c. when the heat came around i tried the a/c and it blew hot air... put it in shop(first time) they call later and they said they needed to replace a hose so i picked up my car. the next week they called me to tell me the part was in so i brought my car in (2nd time) they called me later that day and said that the hose they ordered was bad so they ordered a new one. the next week they called and said it was in. brought car in (3rd time) and picked it up later that day it was fixed. four days later it didnt work brought it back (4th time) they said that they overfilled the a/c so a sensor shut it down. they fixed it and i picked it up a/c worked again. a month later 90 degrees outside it starts blowing hot air while driving home from work its hot im sweating in a 2006 subaru legacy gt that has been fixed 4 times !!!! im pissed..... i slept on it and called the next day trying to be very patient. they said they cant work on it for a week so i drove for a week sweating i missed a family vacation because im not taking my family on a road trip in the summer with no A/C in a NEW CAR. mean while i called SOA and they didnt call me back when they said they would... when they finally did they said they would call the dealership....well nothing has changed.. i brought it in (5th time) and they called later that day saying there in a leak that they cant find.. they filled my a/c and put dye in it to find the leak. i now have A/c but the problem is still not fixed.... they said come back next week and they would look for they leak. So i now drive hopeing i can get to and from work with a/c.... no confidence in my A/C's reliablilty

Now when i gas up my comp that says how many miles i have left only goes the 280miles every time i feel up......

WHAT DO I DO??? lemon(cant afford lawyer) ??hope soa comes through with some kind of comps????

DONT BUY A SUBARU FROM DICK WALTER IN BOZEMAN MT THEY SHOW NO SYMPATHY AND ONLY GAVE ME A LOANER THE LAST TWO TIMES I HAD IT SERVICED BECAUSE I DEMANDED IT LET ALONE MY A/C STILL HAS A LEAK

1st time you had it in they diagnosed problem and had to order part. (One issue)

2nd time you had it in the part was defective, no one's fault really. (Same issue)

3rd time you had it in they fixed the problem. (Issue fixed, +1 towards lemon)

4th visit was becasue the dealer f'd up. (does not count towards issue)

5th visit they discovered a leak in the AC system. (+1 towards lemon law)

Also, it was only fixed twice...you just went to the dealer 5 times.

So you really only have two counts towards a lemon law and becasue it's HVAC related and not major mechanical issue with an unkown cause..you're not gonna get it lemon lawed. It'll eventually be fixed under warranty. Just pray they don't find a leak in the condensor, which would most likely be casued by a rock hit from normal driving....not covered under warranty.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Hi,

I feel your pain. I think the best thing you can do is be patient. :spin: WTF, right? Seriously, keep calling the dealership - call the GM and the owner (is the SOA the regional Customer Service guy? If not, find out who it is and call them, the dealer does NOT want to hear from him that he got complained about) until YOU ARE SATISFIED!!! When you DO finally get ahold of someone, be NICE, remember the cliche "kill em' with kindess"! It may take a while, but you'll get better results if you're nice. :) They are more willing/apt to help a nice person vs. an irate one. Service will definitely be better!!!!

One thing to keep in mind is to TRY not to dwell on the 'lemon' issue because it will only make your attitude toward this situation and your poor car worse. Think about how you can "work with the dealership not against them". :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and document everything (when you've called them, when you've experienced the issues, everything) so that when you do talk to whomever, you can be specific (they hate that).

For now, just chill...oops, no pun intended! Sorry. :hide: Good-luck!

Lemon laws of course vary from state to state and even then a particular case can be rather subjective. With that in mind, if you feel that your case has merit I would send a letter via certified mail (w/ a return receipt) to SOA in Jersey officially notifying them of your complaint. In my state (and I think several others) this gives SOA exactly 30 days to make it right. This is what I did and I ended up with a brand new car.

I got very close to the MA lemon-law threshold with a stalling issue (ended up being a sticky throttle plate). SOA gave me a 7/100,000 Gold Plus warranty for free to make me feel better. They were very well aware of how close I was to lemon law proceedings if I so desired. It cannot hurt to call SOA.

my last car wouldn't start after it rained. no crank no click no nothing----just wouldn't start. dealer couldn't figure it out so i called the better business bureau and the laws vary state-by-state; in VA, a vehicle has to be "out of service" for over 30 cumulative days or have had a catastrophic failure of some sort and the dealership in question is given 5 attempts to correct said condition. in my case, they finally got it----leaking sunroof drain tube leaking in the fuse panel in the dash, but it was a terrible experience......it was on oldsmobile by the way........

1st time you had it in they diagnosed problem and had to order part. (One issue)

2nd time you had it in the part was defective, no one's fault really. (Same issue)

3rd time you had it in they fixed the problem. (Issue fixed, +1 towards lemon)

4th visit was becasue the dealer f'd up. (does not count towards issue)

5th visit they discovered a leak in the AC system. (+1 towards lemon law)

Also, it was only fixed twice...you just went to the dealer 5 times.

So you really only have two counts towards a lemon law and becasue it's HVAC related and not major mechanical issue with an unkown cause..you're not gonna get it lemon lawed. It'll eventually be fixed under warranty. Just pray they don't find a leak in the condensor, which would most likely be casued by a rock hit from normal driving....not covered under warranty.

and to have a lemon the car has to be "in" the shop for 30 days for the same repair within a year. or something like that. do some searching and u will find the lemon law. but your car is definatly not a lemon. it was jsut not fixed correctly. they should have added dye to the system the first time around

Archived