LegacyGT.com

Tint in Portland, OR

absolute

I walked in to Tommy's Tint in Portland this weekend and made an appointment to get my car tinted. She quoted me $235.. I was expecting about $180 . She also told me that cops around here are real anal about tint and could give me a $700 ticket. Has that been your guys experience or are they just trying to cover their liability? I wasn't planning on going to crazy, maybe %30 front and %20 back or even %35 front and %25 back. Is it really $700 for a tint ticket? and will it effect my car insurance?

I'm running 22% tint all the way around on my Legacy and thus far I haven't gotten any grief from the cops. however, since your car is black I wouldn't go any darker than 28% because I see quite a few black cars with 30% or lower usually pulled over just because it looks so freaking dark. I have a white car mind you so it the contrast is a bit better.

Also, cops usually just give a "fix it" ticket of which you go back to the tint shop and they lighten the tint.

Also I would get your car tinted at Alexia's in Beaverton.

Auto Window Tinting : Auto Window Tinting

There phone # 503-671-9615

You can probably get your windows tinted there for $200 (just say someone quoted you on that....). I've had all my cars done there and they do the best work in town. Carr Subaru uses them for tint so that tells you something. :)

I went to Tommy's Tinting back in December and had a clearbra and 32% tint put on. He quoted me around $200 for the Tint and $500 for the bra. Their first suggestion of tint was 40%, and said that was the legal limit. I asked if they could put something darker and they said 'sure, no problem.' Since then I haven't had any problems with cops.

Do they charge full price again to lighten it up?

I would say yes. They would have to remove the old tint and put on all new tint.

• 3 weeks later...

i got 35% from tommy's about 2 months ago.

I have been pulled over 3 times and asked about the tinting.

1st time I got a tcket

2nd and 3rd time I had the legal limit certificate Tommy's gave me in the car.

I am on ticket #3 for no frot license plate however

(court today as a matter of fact, lol)

i got 35% from tommy's about 2 months ago.

I have been pulled over 3 times and asked about the tinting.

1st time I got a tcket

2nd and 3rd time I had the legal limit certificate Tommy's gave me in the car.

I am on ticket #3 for no frot license plate however

(court today as a matter of fact, lol)

I decided to go with %35... Kinda wish I went darker but it's nice not having to worry about cops.

What’s the penalty for not having the front plate?

btw... I paid $220 @ Tommy's they did a great job.

Archived