LegacyGT.com

Boost Gauge Install

Dean

I know this is a noob question and I've searched quite a bit the last few days getting ready to install my cubbypod. The one thing i'm unsure of is how you tap the power and ground wires. Is it just a matter of cutting back the outside plastic on the cubby light wires, attatching boost gauge wires and securing them with electrical tape? Or is there something I need to get at home depot that will allow for a safe connection.

Thanks in advance for your help, this is the one question I haven't found an answer to while searching and obviously I don't know much about electrical wiring.

They're called "vampire taps" or "T-taps" ( T's are shaped a little differently, well, like a "T," of course! ;) )

Make sure you've got the proper gauge tap - and also, use a good pair of pliers or crimpers to clamp down on the tap with the wires. Both of these are critical to having a secure, constant-contact tap.

You'll also want to think about taping the tap in-place after you're sure that the connection is good and secure.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 months later...
there's only 2 wires on the gauge? (assuming it's mechanical)... power and ground correct? or are there more..

I have 3 on the 'ebay crap special' that I purchased (and will be replacing soon). Power, ground, and a 3rd orange wire (there were no directions regarding the wires with the gauge). In all my car audio installations over the years, the orange has typically been illumination.....although I'm not sure what it does on my gauge.

I have 3 on the 'ebay crap special' that I purchased (and will be replacing soon). Power, ground, and a 3rd orange wire (there were no directions regarding the wires with the gauge). In all my car audio installations over the years, the orange has typically been illumination.....although I'm not sure what it does on my gauge.

+/- and hook up to switch...or whatever power wire that turns on when you have you dash light up.

Archived