LegacyGT.com

Alignment Needed???

iamdman9545

Hello,

I just replaced the stock wheels & tires on my 2005 Legacy GT. The tires are 17 X 7, +55mm offset, 215/45/17 tires. I replaced them with the following:

17 X 7.5"

+48 mm offset

same tire size.

BBS RGR Forged Wheels in Diamond Black! :wub:

The -7 mm offset difference means that the wheels stick out a little bit more. Do I need an alignment or are these fine since the overall ride height and tire width were unchanged?

Thanks in advance!

i don't think it would be a problem because the steering/suspension geometery is not being changed. what is being changed is the contact patch and traction surface in relation to the wheel well; this might cause stress on the front wheel bearing hub assemblies, particularly if you went to a larger--18", 19"--diameter wheels. but sticking with a size so close to stock should not result in any problems; i recently went to +48 mm offset 17x7 bbs rk's and have had no problems. when i went to a +1 wheel and tire combo on my previous car---an olds alero----one of my wheel bearings got wasted, but that could have been related to poor build quality..........

Hello,

I just replaced the stock wheels & tires on my 2005 Legacy GT. The tires are 17 X 7, +55mm offset, 215/45/17 tires. I replaced them with the following:

17 X 7.5"

+48 mm offset

same tire size.

BBS RGR Forged Wheels in Diamond Black! :wub:

The -7 mm offset difference means that the wheels stick out a little bit more. Do I need an alignment or are these fine since the overall ride height and tire width were unchanged?

Thanks in advance!

Technically, you increased overall track by 10mm (5mm on each side of the car)... you also have different widths.. 1/2" = 12mm so if anything, you just increased proportionally on each side of the rim..

those changes are too small to deal with.. there's no need to really do an alignment simply for a tire change.

Keefe

Archived