LegacyGT.com

I am devestated, crushed...

sorry to hear/see about your accident and glad you're ok. as everyone else said, retain a lawyer immediately. This is a sure-win case based on the evidence, and despite what others have said I would advocate the best attorney you can find to reap max. benefits.

With that said, I'm glad to see how well the LGT held up despite the 40mph impact. The rear crumple zone really did its job and kept the rear interior untouched.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And keep in mind that neck injuries as well as others don't become painful sometimes till many months after the accident. I'd sue the bastard and get as much money as you need to put yourself back on your feet 110%. No excuse for rearending you at that speed. From looking at those photos alone i'm surprised you walked away from that reck. Subaru safety FTW!

OMG:( So sorry!

If you had passengers it would have been really really bad.

I am with the guys who say you shouldnt pay a freaking dime!:icon_mad:

Get a lawyer. First threaten you are getting one before you actually get one, see how far that goes, then get one.

Thats hurts just to look at it! What did he think you were, one of those mirages in the heat? Doesn't look like he hit brakes until he hit you!

Sorry dude. I got rear ended last summer in my first camaro and it had no where near the damage. Dont sign anythign and stick to your guns. It will take some fighting but eventually u will get something u will be happy with.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

The insurance company tells you what THEY want to pay, not what they may eventually pay. You were somewhat injured, hugely inconvenienced and your prized car has been ruined... don't just take what they initially offer, that's not the way negotiations work.

One useful approach is to say the word "Lawyer" to the soul crusher..er.. claims adjuster who's talking about offering you used wholesale for the car you recently bought new. The insurance company's goal is to keep as much money as they can, and if you involve a lawyer it will cost them significantly more, so they may come across with a more reasonable offer right away.

Once when I was hit by an insured person, the claims company for his backwoods insurance company seemed to be getting points from the insurer for dragging out the process... they wouldn't even come look at the car. I told them *MY* insurance company would pay for it if they didn't want to, and State Farm has lots of lawyers with nothing better to do with their day than figure out how to get the money out of them. Interestingly enough the claims adjuster called to schedule an appointment within an hour of my sending that fax.

Just remember that no matter whose insurance company is paying, they are NOT on your side.

Exactly!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said on a better way...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

That freakin sucks, bro. :(

If this has already been covered, consider this a reiteration. ------

A. Call an "Auto Accident Attorney".

B. If you haven't already given a statement to that idiots ins. co., DON'T!!!!

ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

Thanks for all of the good will buys. It happened yesterday and I spent 3 hours in the hospital just getting looked at. Then today I had to do 2 taped interviews one with each Ins. Co....mine and his...then get rent-a-neon...soon to be rent-a-caddie since my ins. co. is a-ok....and go to the Speiclast to see baout my back....

I can tell you though...the pain did not feel as bad as having to think about my poor car....that's all I have been whining about all day...I can't deal....my finacee is a saint.

So I have to wait until early next week to see what kind of check they ins. co. is going to write....I guess I need to start shopping...are the 07s out yet?

Rehab is for quitters.

Wow....glad you are OK. Just make sure that is the case.

I don't remember the exact wording but a reputible autobody shop told me what to say to make sure everything got covered the way I wanted. I would talk to either a body shop owner (independent) and/or a lawyer. Insurance companies are so parnoid about the legal fees, if you know what to say and sound like you know your rights you get a lot more done sooner. Though I can remember the wording or term....basically they are required to return teh vehicle to the pre loss state, if it is a total loss they are required to pay you what it would cost you to buy that same vehicle used...it is replacement cost not wholesale.

Glad you're okay, looked pretty bad.

On a lighter note, I'd like to contribute to the purchase of your new car... I need the radio/HVAC controls from your LGT. Let us know if you're going to part it out.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Damn man that car is crunched, but at least you were'nt hurt too badly. Cars are just metal after all even though we like to think they're more than that sometimes.

With your injury I should think that you'll still be coming out ahead of the game (monetarily that is). I personally wouldn't even consider not getting some compensation for a back injury.

Hmmm.... 07 Spec B's should be hitting the lots soon.

Very sorry for your loss man. Maybe I can help a bit.

I'm a licensed agent in both PA and NY. If you have collision insurance, make the claim with your insurance company. You will be out of what ever your deductible is for now.

In most states, your insurance company will pay your medical bills under PIP (personal injury protection), also known as no fault.

Once you make the collision claim with your insurance company, they will begin subrogation procedings (Sue them) against the other drivers insurance to recover their losses, and you will get your deductible money back...eventually.

This should allow you to get your gap insurance. Also, most insurance companies have a new vehicle replacement program, where they will replace your vehicle if totaled within the first year of ownership.

If you have any insurance questions, please feel free to PM me.

-Dave

Then today I had to do 2 taped interviews one with each Ins. Co....mine and his...then get rent-a-neon...soon to be rent-a-caddie since my ins. co. is a-ok....and go to the Speiclast to see baout my back......are the 07s out yet?

Ew...you shouldn't have given any statement without your lawyer present...

Good to hear your still mobile.

Yes the '07's are out...(GT's & i's)

Does it mean you have GAP insurance but it doen't cover the accident which is not your fault? I think GAP will pay for additional 5k no matter what... Am I wrong?

Man.. yes, car is replacable but you aren't...

You got the golf bag.. That means you play golf.. That's means you are my friend..

Get over and move on my friend...

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Does it mean you have GAP insurance but it doen't cover the accident which is not your fault? I think GAP will pay for additional 5k no matter what... Am I wrong?

It does depend where he purchased the gap insurance. If he bought it when he got his financing, then it should pay. The reason the lenders offer gap insurance is not only to protect the buyer, but themselves. They have a higher probability that someone will default when a total loss occurs, and the vehicle is not replaced.

If he purchased it from his insurance company, then the only way it will pay is if he makes the claim with his insurance company, as noted in my other post.

Archived