LegacyGT.com

Swapping Trunk Lids?

resipsa99

I ordered a Garnet LGT LTD w/out a spoiler, estimated for delivery sometime in October. The dealer called to say that he found the exact car I want -- except with a spoiler -- at another dealer in the area. He offered to get that car, and then swap the trunk lid with a Garnet LGT non-LTD without a spoiler that he has in stock. Any thoughts on whether that is a good idea? What is the likelihood that the paint will not be a 100% match or that swapping will jeopardize the "factory fit" of the lid? I'd prefer to take delivery sooner, but not if I'm opening myself up to problems.

[quote name='Ninjapimp'][quote name='avs']The vin# on the trunk is not going to match your car. So if you're planning to sell your car, you might run into some potential problems.[/quote] Huh? They put VIN's in the trunk now? :?[/quote] I dunno. If they did, I sure didn't know about it.... :?

I have watched this exact procedure.. All thats involved is taking off the felt coating, disconecting the wire (for spoiler brake light and trunk release) and lossening the 4 bolts holding it on. The vin is on a sticker UNDER the felt portion. Very easy to swap..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived