LegacyGT.com

Look what Hotness got ... :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn dude i haven't seen you on for ages. Sorry to hear about the shitty news good thing it wasn't while on the highway or anything like that.
No, the 2005 Legacy GT

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• 2 months later...

Got the car back about 2 weeks ago. Engine runs fine. The front right (same location as fire) suspension is making noises though and the shop is saying they cannot identify the cause and cannot determine if it was caused by the fire.

It needs to be caused by the fire because then the insurance will pay to fix it.

It seems simple enough to deduce that. There was no noise before the fire. There is now a noise in the same location that the fire occurred.

annoyed

Insurance companies and the repair shops that are in their pockets are crooks.

Lemme guess... you have USAA and you took it to a USAA preferred shop?

I do have USAA. I did not take it to a USAA preferred shop.

I am going to talk to the shop manager in person later this week. Talking on the phone is not as effective.

I have to get stuff fixed either way. I just want the insurance to pay for it.

I think these:

PSP-SUS-110_01_large.JPG

Need replaced.

The problem is if the repair shop pushes extra charges for you this time they may get less covered the next time which could lose them business.

USAA is awful. If they weren't so cheap I'd walk today.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

For example; they push your shock repair and it pisses of your local USAA rep, the rep may approve less repairs the next time a USAA car comes in fully expecting a higher estimate from the shop based on the previous.

back in 2006 I filed a claim with USAA. Over the course of 4 weeks my car sat and waited, undrivable, for a rep to come look at it (2 blown tires, 2 destroyed rims).

I finally called and told them to cancel the claim and that I would just buy new rims and tires myself.

Just found out earlier this year that for 5 years after I reported it I paid higher insurance rates based the accident they never covered, and never sent anyone out to look at.

They've made a lot of changes lately and this stuff doesn't happen anymore. HOWEVER if you live in a military dense area do not expect to get comprehensive auto repairs.

The local garages get nickel and dimed by USAA. For example, I got rear-ended and they wanted the garage to fill the holes caused by the other drivers license plate bolts and only paint the spot they filled. (other driver was uninsured)

Another accident they only repaired the spot on the rear bumper and then clear coated the whole bumper. Ever seen clear coat applied over already present scratches?

back in 2006 I filed a claim with USAA. Over the course of 4 weeks my car sat and waited, undrivable, for a rep to come look at it (2 blown tires, 2 destroyed rims).

I finally called and told them to cancel the claim and that I would just buy new rims and tires myself.

Just found out earlier this year that for 5 years after I reported it I paid higher insurance rates based the accident they never covered, and never sent anyone out to look at.

They've made a lot of changes lately and this stuff doesn't happen anymore. HOWEVER if you live in a military dense area do not expect to get comprehensive auto repairs.

The local garages get nickel and dimed by USAA. For example, I got rear-ended and they wanted the garage to fill the holes caused by the other drivers license plate bolts and only paint the spot they filled. (other driver was uninsured)

Another accident they only repaired the spot on the rear bumper and then clear coated the whole bumper. Ever seen clear coat applied over already present scratches?

Are you sure your area rep doesn't just suck?

• 6 months later...

Sucks that single crack head mothers can pump out kids, not pay a dime, and that end up in our jails but it costs great parents like yourselves an arm and leg to adopt a child that will be a productive member of society.

It's assbackwards.

Archived