LegacyGT.com

Spring swap walkthrough - Tein H-Tech's

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a slight rake, higher front than back, is there a way to raise the back slightly?

I assume you mean higher back than front then? I just put on the worx tuning springs, and there is a definite rake to my car now. I will try to post up pics tomorrow. What springs did you use?

While I love the look of the old Muscle Cars - the decision to make the front lower on them had a purpose. On our cars, I'm not thinking this is a great idea. It's a risk factor as I see it. Not sure for one that the spring rates in the front will be matched in the rear for optimal handling, and I'm sure the front will settle a bit more and it will be more severe...then again I could be wrong...just be careful when messing with suspension and only doing half an install.

Brian-

Ya I am aware of the circumstances, I think the rates are close enough that it won't make much difference. I don't autocross or anything. I did the same thing to my WRX and never had an issue. The ride is fine right now, not much different, but you can tell. I will probably end up with Bilsteins eventually since it seems these, or any springs wear out the stock struts faster, guess I will get Bilsteins and JDM tophats eventually.

Ya I am aware of the circumstances, I think the rates are close enough that it won't make much difference. I don't autocross or anything. I did the same thing to my WRX and never had an issue. The ride is fine right now, not much different, but you can tell. I will probably end up with Bilsteins eventually since it seems these, or any springs wear out the stock struts faster, guess I will get Bilsteins and JDM tophats eventually.

got anymore pics?

Yup yup...cool. Got any pictures of when your WRX was done up like this...I may try this someday...haha..we'll see....don't see this to often on an Import...it's growing on me...

Brian-

how do you like the handling of it w/ h-techs in the front and stockers in the rear? any complaints or praises regarding it?

personally i hate it on my setup.... i need to make an adjustment to my rsb before i drop the rear again. i'm currently on h-techs in the front and stock rears... and while its fine during hwy and city driving.... the rear tends to be a little more unstable during the twisties.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

i'd be careful about putting a floor jack on a wrench/breakerbar.. because is something isn't perfectly straight you'll have your tool flying across the shop....

if you can, use an impact wrench... if you can't get ahold of that, put your breaker bar on there, have someone put all their weight on it, and hit the bar with a 3lb mini-sledge... or a regular hammer... same idea of an impact gun.. just a little safer than the floor jack method.... i've got a dent in my shin from trying that once :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Going to do Cobb spring swap soon. Thank you for an excellent write - up!

Asked in autozone for spring compressor - $40 for rent! The same price for a big torque wrench. It is lot of money, just for rent, IMO.

Anybody know a cheaper place to rent?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Guest Gitster
Places like that (I used to work at Advance Auto) charge the full price, but you get a full refund when you return it, its like a deposit.