LegacyGT.com

Spring swap walkthrough - Tein H-Tech's

I just finished my Swift spring/sway install and the pics on the first page helped a ton, one note on the rea, you can use a lever against the trailing arm on the one side to loosen the lower bolt.

Rears took me 1 hour, including sway, front about the same, in between sick child needing attention.

thanks for the write up!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at your car and then imagine it 1" lower! Done! ;)

But seriously... it really filled in the wheel wells. The OEM wheels looked too tiny to me at stock ride height... but after I lowered the car... they look just right!

Look at your car and then imagine it 1" lower! Done! ;)

But seriously... it really filled in the wheel wells. The OEM wheels looked too tiny to me at stock ride height... but after I lowered the car... they look just right!

LOL - Ahhhh...sweet image...haha...I've seen one LGT lowered on COBB's springs, looked great...and a picture won't ever really do it real justice anyway...

I lowered my Corolla when I had it on Tein H-Techs...that was almost a 2 inch drop, haha...it's crazy the difference a few inches will make in the way the wheel well gap looks...

Now to determine whether I go with H-Techs again, or COBB...hhhmmmm...haha...

Brian-

Thanks for the pictures. I know they've been posted a trillion times before, but if you have them it's always nice to post, haha...saves us others look time...and refreshs the other others memories...haha...or something...tired...going to bed....

Brian-

My H-tech sag. But I think it was because I have a wagon. They were good for about 7 months then the rear started dropping to the fender covering the tire by a 1/2" empty.:eek: I went stage 2 and it got worst. In 1st and 2nd if I got on it the rear would bottom out if I hit a bump. I put KW's on mine yesterday. I brought the rear up about a 1 1/2" to a one finger space between the fender.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...
I wish everyone who swaps springs on the ground with jacks/jackstands would read this post to save hours of frustration. Spray some PB Blaster on the bolts and let them sit for a few minutes. Slap a wrench on the bolts and then put a floor/bottle jack under the wrench. Jack up the wrench, VIOLA! Bolts are loose.

That is simply brilliant! Does the car lift up at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting ready to do the same thing this weekend...just one question. Where can you find the pass through sockets?

nvm, after some research it seems that Lowes sells a couple sets under their Kobalt brand name, and Napa is supposed to sell the Gearwrench brand.

Im getting ready to do the same thing this weekend...just one question. Where can you find the pass through sockets?

nvm, after some research it seems that Lowes sells a couple sets under their Kobalt brand name, and Napa is supposed to sell the Gearwrench brand.

:whore: Picture of said pass through socket?