LegacyGT.com

best coilovers

credit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Zenonk was kidding about welding your rear struts (at least I hope so). Drifting an AWD car on pavement is not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced. It's easier on low traction surfaces such as dirt/gravel/snow, but if you want to drift D1 style you really need a RWD car.

If you are dead set on drifting your LGT I can do a custom stiffer spring rate on a set of Megan Racing coilovers for you that will make it easier to step out the back end of the car.

As for the 2WD conversion that MSI is talking about, it is not something that will allow you to switch back and worth from 2WD to AWD. They are talking about permanently making the car 2WD.

No offense dude, but I suggest you read or learn more about products that you talk about before posting things like this.

Our 2wd conversion is a 45 minute install, and then 45 minutes to put back to AWD. Hence it is not permanent like you said. However it is not as easy as what some people might be thinking like a flick of the switch kind of setup.

We provide an actual differential to install. Jack the car up, remove exhaust driveshaft and shifter lever. Pop of the rear tail cap, remove OE diff, put ours in and everything goes back together.

See picture below. But as ROBSON TUNING PUT, dedicated drift cars are out there, but how many dedicated subaru drift cars are there?

-mark

2wd-sleeves-small.thumb.jpg.9491e911732e23a12fe6973626a5b425.jpg

No offense dude, but I suggest you read or learn more about products that you talk about before posting things like this.

Our 2wd conversion is a 45 minute install, and then 45 minutes to put back to AWD. Hence it is not permanent like you said. However it is not as easy as what some people might be thinking like a flick of the switch kind of setup.

We provide an actual differential to install. Jack the car up, remove exhaust driveshaft and shifter lever. Pop of the rear tail cap, remove OE diff, put ours in and everything goes back together.

See picture below. But as ROBSON TUNING PUT, dedicated drift cars are out there, but how many dedicated subaru drift cars are there?

-mark

No Offense Mark, but relax. When the guy asked if the conversion would allow him to switch back and forth from RWD and AWD I think he meant at the flip of a switch like on part time 4wd trucks. Perhaps my use of the word "permanent" was a little off base, but I was merely conveying to our misguided friend that he couldn't just flip back and forth from RWD to AWD instantly, a point which you just reiterated.

i believe it's driftable. it does in game GT-4 on PS2. but i'm afraid to try it in real life. is there any closed and under control enviorment that no cops will mess with you to try it, on the island i live ?

:lol::lol::lol: I've been accused of driving like I'm playing a video game before in my younger years, but this takes it to a whole new level. Please do us all a favor and drift your LGT. If Darwin is right we won't have to worry about you again:icon_wink:lol:

i believe it's driftable. it does in game GT-4 on PS2. but i'm afraid to try it in real life. is there any closed and under control enviorment that no cops will mess with you to try it, on the island i live ?

I also hear it can successfully jump partially opened draw-bridges...

***coolbluelb in no way endorses the jumping of partially opened draw-bridges***

Look at it this way... with a RWD car, you can blip the e-brake or throttle to break the rear end loose, and keep the rear tires slipping by staying sideways and/or staying on the throttle. The front tires just coast along - all they do is control the car's orientation. With an AWD car, you can get the car sideways, but the front tires will be trying to pull the car straight again, so it won't get as far sideways and won't stay as far sideways.

You can drift an AWD car, but doing so at the same angles as the RWD cars takes a very slippery surface (e.g. dirt, gravel, ice, snow, whatever) to keep the front tires from gripping and pulling the car straight. If you do it on pavement you'll have to content yourself with much lower angles. Most people consider that a GOOD thing. :)

Archived