LegacyGT.com

No more Legacy?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mercedes C class

No chance in hell. It looks like a shoe from certain angles, and Mercedes have finally made the great achievement of creating an interior that mimics the feel of a Camry's. And on the track, it's Understeer Galore.

Shady

BMW 120d....If I lived anywhere outside of North America...could be very fun.

I was very much into the 1 series, and hoping they would bring them to the states, before I fell in love with the Legacy. However, last time I was in Berlin (for work) I drove a colleague's 130i, and I have to admit that the critics are right. That's a heck of an engine, great tranny, sweet suspension, lightweight and balanced, and somehow it just doesn't work. That indefinable something that makes BMWs sweet to drive just isn't there - or it's twisted into something wrong.

The 120d is supposed to also have a very sweet engine, perhaps better even than the petrol 6, and they haven't tried to pseudo-M the handling on it like they did the 130i, so maybe it is a much better car. Against the grain, I love the looks of the 1 series, so ?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

If Pontiac gets and doesn't butcher the new holden commodore SS-V...

I'd consider it. And that is sayin somethin. I'm not the biggest fan of GM.

Ford would have to bring over the Aussie Falcon to compete, and hardly anyone else has anything..

07 G35 or maybe a used M35/45... Lexus is too clinical rather than sporty, and Acura is too FWD, and the RL is nice, but the M45 has a V8.

Used E-class, especially AMG... if I don't mind an automatic...

Mazda 6 or TSX/TL, if I didn't hate FWD so much.

Acura TL in six speed. i hope the sh-awd makes it down the tl line
i usd to love the tl's and was greatly considering one untill i was with my uncle who has a 2006 maxima one day nd we had the music bumpin lol nd a young kid in a new tl with rims pulled up next to us looks over nd turns his music louder so my uncle takes his traction control off nd guns it of the line screeching tire nd beat him by lk 2 car lenths up to the next light (lk 30 mph only) aha and i lost all respect for them tht day

My wife and I actually considered going with a more business class car for me.

By that I mean something like a Jaguar S-Type or Audi A6, even the Toyota Avalon(didn't like the way it felt though)...:cool:

However now that I have my Legacy I can wait a little while and not rush into another car until I'm ready.... Maybe a year or so.

There are so many....

Audi A8

Porsche Cayenne Turbo under 100,000

Infinity Q45

No financing paid in cash. Almost debt free and bank account is very comfortable.

Who knows, Things are so fluid in the industry right now that when we're ready to step into a luxery car... maybe something else will spark my attention.

Stedler

If Pontiac gets and doesn't butcher the new holden commodore SS-V...

I'd consider it. And that is sayin somethin. I'm not the biggest fan of GM.

Ford would have to bring over the Aussie Falcon to compete, and hardly anyone else has anything..

07 G35 or maybe a used M35/45... Lexus is too clinical rather than sporty, and Acura is too FWD, and the RL is nice, but the M45 has a V8.

Used E-class, especially AMG... if I don't mind an automatic...

Mazda 6 or TSX/TL, if I didn't hate FWD so much.

I'd be surprised if GM did NOT screw it up, especially with the quality of the interior.

I'd take the Mazda 6 over an E-class any time. For the amount of money one has to pay for an E-class - or any current Benz for that matter - one should expect the quality of the interior to be better than a Kia's. But all that cheap plastic, the sqweaky center console and the AC vent dials that feel like they're about to pop out, I'd take my money somewhere else (the great engine and all notwithstanding.)

I do own a 6 (with the mundane 2.3 four-pot) and the car has been parked in the sun of Saudi Arabia every single day for the past 14 months, and it's still as new as the day I drove it out of the dealer. I'd take anything from Mazda or Subaru over everything German.

I test drove the Hyundai Azera the other day, and was surprised with how well it handled! In some situations, it almost felt it like it was RWD. Decent quality for the price, too, but still needs to be ironed out. But the true Korean surprise to me was the Kia Amanti! Really nice on the inside!.

if you can fit :lol:

I am 5'10" and weight 160lb with ripped six-pack abs! I see no problem fitting myself into the little Lotus. In fact, I will probably get it next year. I feel sorry for you that you won't fit in because of your mammoth-size ass:lol:

even if monkeys sprouted wings, they wouldnt be able to lift 3300 lbs could they? i dunno, but imho, it would take at least a flying bear to take the cars to the witch's castle... maybe even a flying whale. if it had arms. ahh, but i guess i'm being unrealistic because whales need water to live. oh and what would they eat?

All Hail the Flying Monkey King..... "KONG".... See him lift a Humvee and carry it to the witches castle, while playing black sabbath on a BanJo...:D

I am 5'10" and weight 160lb with ripped six-pack abs! I see no problem fitting myself into the little Lotus. In fact, I will probably get it next year. I feel sorry for you that you won't fit in because of your mammoth-size ass:lol:

6-pack abs don't help you fit into an Elise. Flexibility in your legs/hips is important, as is the size of your feet (oddly enough) for ingress/egress. I'm chunky and 40 and I'd still have one as a toy, but not to drive to work here every day. Looking UNDER the H2 in front of me would get old fast.

I test drove the Hyundai Azera the other day, and was surprised with how well it handled! In some situations, it almost felt it like it was RWD. Decent quality for the price, too, but still needs to be ironed out. But the true Korean surprise to me was the Kia Amanti! Really nice on the inside!.

Azeras look nice, compared to other FWD family-mobiles.

Funny... my mother in law wants one of those Amantis... I read a review that was generally decent on the percieved quality, until they drove it. They claimed the car was so sedate and overdamped that it was the only car the author could think of that resisted exceeding 65 miles per hour.

Maybe good for my mother in law, but I wouldn't get one. I'd get the real deal Jaguar S-type, especially an S-type R. Not first on my list, but it is on there, and I do like British cars.

That Toyota Mark X is interesting. V6 and rear or AWD... and it looks interesting. More interesting is why it doesn't come over here as a toyota or lexus, considering the lack of RWD in Toyota's lineup, shy of a lexus.

Archived