LegacyGT.com

Let's see your tinted windows...

jbooker

[quote name='Smada']I did 35 on all windows, legal limit in Indiana.. I'll post pics after the weekend.[/quote] I'm thinking about doing 35% all around. 50% on the front windows is as dark as the law says, but the backs I can go as dark as I want. I was thinking 35% all around would look good instead of 20% in the backs and 50% up front. Please post pictures ASAP. Thanks

I did a 22% all the way around and it basically looks exactly like Opie's up above, personally I think the even tint all the way around looks way better... I know it's a little illegal but if you get pulled over just make use of those auto windows and roll down the front two... the cop'll probably be paying more attention to your speed than your window tint anyway...

i have some questions about the tints.. I live in CA, so what is the maxium of % tint coating is allowed? 20%? how much does it cost for tinit coating? is it illegal to tint the front side? what colors are available for tinits? and which work the best? Thank you! :D

[quote name='crapy']i have some questions about the tints.. I live in CA, so what is the maxium of % tint coating is allowed? 20%? how much does it cost for tinit coating? is it illegal to tint the front side? what colors are available for tinits? and which work the best? Thank you! :D[/quote] CA tinting: Windows behind driver are unlimited as long as you have side mirrors. Side windows and front windshield can not be tinted unless you have a medical reason. Pricing and colors really depend upon your local installers. All metallized films work very well. I went with 20% on my wagon (see earlier post in this thread for photos). Ken

I thought people here had said that non-metallic was the key, at least if you want to have any hope of maintaining your radio reception, especially AM... (I don't know -- that was more of a question from someone hoping to get his car tinted too...)

[quote name='foerster']I thought people here had said that non-metallic was the key, at least if you want to have any hope of maintaining your radio reception, especially AM... (I don't know -- that was more of a question from someone hoping to get his car tinted too...)[/quote] True. I lost AM reception with Formula One metallic tint.

Here's mine with 35% (legal limit) on the front doors and 5% on rear doors and back glass. I wanted all doors to be 35% but apparently some idiot at the tint shop thought he knew what I wanted better than I did. They're replacing the tint on the rear doors with 35%. [img]http://www.redletterdaymusic.com/scott/MyLeg%20032.jpg[/img]

Here's mine. 35% Suntek Carbon all the way around. The front tint is illegal in CA, but I've always tinted my cars this way. Doesn't hurt that I know a few cops that don't mind signing off my tint tickets. Of course I've only gotten one in the last 10 years 8) knock on wood. BTW, I went with the new Suntek Carbon film because it doesn't have any metal in it, yet is not a cheapo dyed film that will fade and purple. I used a metalized film on my Mazda 6 that also has the radio antenna in the rear window and lost a signifigant amount of radio reception. Did any of you guys notice a problem on your LGT's with metalized film on the rear window? [img]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/415000-415999/415436_51_full.jpg[/img]

Archived