LegacyGT.com

Moving (finally)

Tide

Let me just say this... the rental market in the bay area blows. I was looking for a rental house from 1800-2500 range. The average craigslist listing would get about 20+ responses and 4-6 applications within 6 hours of the post hitting the web. Scanning listings every 15 min on the web just to get a crack at a place over the last two months was getting pretty old.

I consider myself pretty lucky, I got the 2nd place I applied for and am very happy with the house and the location, I move in Aug 1. I'll no longer be in San Carlos, heading south to Santa Clara, not far from Valley Faire.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Er, um, 1800-2500? Move away from Cali man- that kind of money BUYS you a very nice house in a lot of very nice areas!

Ouch on the rental pricing! Colorado is expensive, but nowhere close to that. My house payment for a 3000 sq ft 3 car garage 20 yr old place is just under $2k.

Do the California wages make it possible to continue living while paying painful rents like that?

Ouch on the rental pricing! Colorado is expensive, but nowhere close to that. My house payment for a 3000 sq ft 3 car garage 20 yr old place is just under $2k.

Do the California wages make it possible to continue living while paying painful rents like that?

My fiance used to rent a townhouse (~1,500 sq.ft., 2br/2ba, single-car garage) for about $600/month in Erie, PA. Now she lives in a studio (447 sq.ft.) that costs $855/month, and that's an hour northeast of S.F.

My house payment in S.F. (in the city, near Golden Gate Park) is ~$4K a month for a 2,000 sq.ft. house with a single-car garage. However, having lived outside of CA for a period of time, I couldn't imagine living any place else.

-Mike-

I *purchased* a duplex in Carmichael (just outside Sac), and I am paying < $2500/mo for the mortgage + taxes + insurance..plus I get the rental income from the other side. Get out of the bay, man :)
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Tide, friends of ours is moving to the same area. They are currently just down the road from Intel and they are renting a house starting in August just north of san tomas off of saratoga.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Yeah, I recently moved also, and finding a place was very cut throat. I used to live near Apple in Sunnyvale, 2bd2bath duplex for 1600 a month rent. But the pollens got to me after a year. Finally found a place behind ebay campus, 2200 a month for 3 bd 2.5 bath townhome with 2 cars garage. But I literally had to cut work just to be the first person there to check out that place, and the owner hadn't even finished packing yet.

I really don't want to move around in the valley again...too much hassle and so stressful.

If anybody is looking for a roommate, I'm all over Craig's list right now trying to find a place. Peninsula/SF only. I'm a nice guy, lots of tools, and I don't even smell bad! <$900 a month. Garage space for tools, motorcycle, and bicycles a must.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a place in concord if anybody's interested. I just bought it and need to rent it out.

I'm moving to Concord this week. I'm just curious, what are the specs and rent per month for your property?

I'm moving to Concord this week. I'm just curious, what are the specs and rent per month for your property?

It's a condo off of Northwood Drive. 2 story 1240 sq ft, 3bdr 1.5 bath with a carport. Rent is TBD but it will be based on current going rate up there. I should be taking posession of the place next week so I'll know more then. PM me if you are interested and I'll keep you up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
Er, um, 1800-2500? Move away from Cali man- that kind of money BUYS you a very nice house in a lot of very nice areas!

Jeez, no kidding! my mortgage is at the low end of that range and that's for a 3000 sq ft house in a nice suburb of Vancouver!

Mind you, it is in Canada, and I know how you all feel about that!:icon_wink

Archived