LegacyGT.com

anyone install there banzai express hid kit?

LegacyMUN2k6

• 2 months later...
+1.. got my Banzai Express kit in the mail today.. curious how to wire it with the relay... i wanna install it this weekend

everything plugs in only one way.

leave the bulbs in the case and sit on the floor and plug it all in...you will see what i mean

okay... just finished installing them :) took about 1.5 hours.. and more than half of that was standing around trying to figure out where to mount the ballasts and where to run the wires... i can't wait til night time!!!! ANYWAY...

mounting the ballasts is not 100% done yet... the passenger side, i took the airbox out and in the huge hole down there i saw two studs sticking out.. i just slide one side of the bracket in the stud, put the nut and called it a day.. even though it's technicially hanging there.. its' not going anywhere...

now for the drivers side.. i had no idea where to put it... so i found a hole in the fender and mounted one side of ballast against the fender.. it's tucked in nice.. all i have to do is get some velcro or double sided tape so it doesn't rattle around there.

TOOLS NEEDED *for those who didn't do this yet*..

Pocket screwdriver (for the pop-its and connectors)

1/4 in. ratchet, multiple long extensions, swivel 10mm, and a 10mm wrench.

Dykes *or snippers, whichever you wanna call it*

Electrical tape (to tape up the relay wires to the stock bulb harness... they slide in nice, but don't actually lock in, they can easily fall out.. so just tape it up so they don't go anywhere)

when it's dark out, i'll take and post some pics of my 6000K setup, possibly the install too :)

when it's dark out, i'll take and post some pics of my 6000K setup, possibly the install too :)

my 6000k pics, notthe best quality either, but you get the idea

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/tuned200/mustang002.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/tuned200/mustang003.jpg

Archived