LegacyGT.com

Feel like saving $70 bucks on your OEM sub purchase?

direavenger

SubaruParts.com

Google is your friend :)

I cannot confirm that the wiring harness is 100% compatible with the LGT head unit. Claw, any input?

i was being lazy :icon_bigg

re: the harness i wouldnt sweat it too much, $75 is waaaaay too much, hell you can just use some connectors from your auto parts store and buy the wiring and just tap into the proper wires.... the harness is just to make things SUPER easy....this sub connects just like any other aftermarket unit.

from what i can tell its only 5 or 6 wires.....

this sub looks just like the clarion unit, i hear mixed reviews on both but i know its just to get a little more bass not to break windows or set records.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw the wiring harness for sale online.....for $75...thats pretty much how much the sub is. Kind of pointless to buy it. I'll do some more resaearch and see what I can find out. I heard the harness is a T junction. How do I fabricate one of those?
Yes, the sub harness is a T. You can get the three ends and wire them together to build essentially the same thing. See this link.

well thats exactly what i was looking for svxdc. Your harnesses worked great for my aftermarket install before, but I may need some more now.

So does that reverse subwoofer harness work for 02-04 wrx and 05-06 legacy oem subs only?

well thats exactly what i was looking for svxdc. Your harnesses worked great for my aftermarket install before, but I may need some more now.

So does that reverse subwoofer harness work for 02-04 wrx and 05-06 legacy oem subs only?

It will work with any "modern" Subaru under-seat, powered subwoofer -- every one that I've seen uses this same 8-pin rectangular connector.

I'll qualify that with "modern" because I don't know if Subaru sold powered subs prior to 1993.

That makes sense... just confused as to why people are talking about making them.

I think that guy got the sub from a friend, but it was missing the harness. He needs to make one since I don't think you can order the harness separately.

A new subwoofer from Subaru will include the harness.

Some people out there are selling used subwoofers and either cutting the cable a few inches from the sub, or not including any part of the harness at all. If you buy a used sub, always ask whether it includes the complete T-harness.

You can buy a replacement factory T-harness, but it's about $70 from places like SubaruParts.com, and usually more at a dealer.

well luckily for me, I got myself an 02 wrx subwoofer with the harness today. So i wont be needing extra wiring. But SVxdc's wiring is a great alternative for people who have subs without the harness. I've seen many subs on nasioc and local regional boards w/o the harness go for ~$60, so add the harness prices from svxdc and you got yourself a good deal.

driveav.

Did you take your seat out for the install? Also, in the thread that you gave a link to, some were suggesting that the older model sub was a bit bigger than the new and had trouble fitting in b/c of the seat motors. Oh yea, where did you route the wiring harnes?..underneath the carpet to the armrest consoul?

Did you take your seat out for the install?

Nope, but it would makes things easier. I had to shove the cable underneath my seat, around my power seat stuff, and it was a PITA. After running that cable however, I found that the sub slides underneath the back of the seat quite nicely.

Also, in the thread that you gave a link to, some were suggesting that the older model sub was a bit bigger than the new and had trouble fitting in b/c of the seat motors.

The one that I bought from my friend was originally purchased from a Subaru dealer in early 2004 for his 2004 Impreza and while the clearance is close, it fits without a problem. If you buy an old used one, it might be larger but I think that I got the "new stlye" sub, which I guess is smaller. If you buy it new, I would assume that you get the same "new style" (smaller) one as well.

Oh yea, where did you route the wiring harnes?..underneath the carpet to the armrest consoul?

I ran the wiring harness along the center console, and then down to my seat. I didn't go so far as trying to stuff this thing under the carpet. I think I went in front of the track for the power seat, but behind some fascia plastic so you don't see any more than you have to. the cable is just long enough to reach, as you have to half-put the sub under the seat before connecting the cable, but its not very hard to do.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Just found a gently used '03 baja sub on ebay, harness included...anyone know about compatibility? The picture looks like all the other recent models so I'm sure it would work fine, but just throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

Don't go snaking this baby from me please.

The only thing you have to worry about is the wiring harness. If its the same, then you're good to go.

http://legacygt.com/forums/interior-audio/10679-subwoofer-different-part-numbers.html?highlight=baja+subwoofer

You might want to give mvigneau a PM, since it looks like he has it installed in his car.

I just installed this sub in my 2005 legacy GT sedan under the driver's seat. Same wiring harness, same woofer too. The only difference is the mounting bracket. I stuck mine to the floor using sticky tape.

Could you define "sticky" tape?

^^^I guess that I could have been more detailed. I bought stickey-backed velcro pads from Wal-mart. That stuff worked very well for this application.

Ah, cool. Also, I found that at least two people who installed non-LGT sub (one from WRX, one from Baja) hear the sub "pop" upon car startup. Do you have the same issue?

See: http://legacygt.com/forums/113116-post8.html

Wow, that's news to me.

<placebo_effect> Now that you mention it... I have noticed a slight *thunk* when I turn on my car. It is definitely from the sub, but it is barely audible. It is nowhere near a popping noise that I think Patagonian is talking about.</placebo_effect>

• 2 weeks later...
I installed a wrx sub too and get the pop. I dont know if its occasional or not, but I have a feeling the louder you left the radio on when you turned off the car, the louder the pop is when you turn the car back on.

Archived