LegacyGT.com

What would you change given the currently released specs?

I would stock a different spec tire, something like the Dunlop 9000s that Pontiac puts on the Vibe GT. And those fancy Euro/JDM rails. Aside from that, nothing. Oh, wait...what do I see myself changing? Aside from putting on my 17" P1s, nothing. :D Kevin

Springs, Struts, Wheels & Tires, possible Body Kit & Wing...if mild one comes out, XM Radio (I need CNBC or Bloomberg on my radio when I hold Futures positions and I am traveling!!!). Oh, and I almost forgot...the Ganador matte titanium exhaust, with any good chip and intake that comes out.

Oh no, I feel like I'm opening a can of worms with this one. :) My potential list: Street Wheels/Tires: Stock 17x7's w/ Pirelli PZero Nero M&S or best A/S rubber Race Wheels/Tires: BBS RGR Satin 17x7.5 w/ Race Rubber Brakes: -Stoptech Stainless Lines to improve feel and safety -Upgraded pads with OE dusting and noise characteristics while increasing heat range and pad bite Suspension: -STi 'Pink' Sport Springs -STi Trailing Arm Set -STi Ti Front Strut Tower Bar -Hollow sway bars (matched set) from Hotchkis or Cobb Drivetrain: -STi Short-Throw Shift Kit Power: -Cobb AccessECU w/ AccessPort -Stainless Turbo-Back Exhaust Interior: -Either STi Recaros, Recaro Sport, Recaro Speedling or Sparco Monza in black fabric (Amazingly much or very similar components are available through Subaru Technica International in Japan. ;)) A possibility down the road includes STi cams w/ higher rev limit, ball-bearing turbo/intercooler upgrade, STi front LSD & lightweight flywheel. I've probably had WAY too much time to think about these things.

What will I do to my GT? Just a few things come to mind... 1) Try to delete roof rails. 2) Add 18" Prodrive wheels with better rubber (perhaps Pnero's) 3) see image... [img]http://www.drivingfuture.com/subaru/nw030523_01/photo/img/e_11.jpg[/img] 4) Some window tint would be nice for the back of the wagon. I don't think I am going to mess with the suspension at all. If anything I might get a catback or catbacks. I really want to keep the integrity of the car's internals. Oh, one more thing.. 5) delete huge orange headlight turn signal condom!

realistic: 1. headlight-oven treatment 2. up, down, and mid pipes 3. ecu/reflash 4. tires 5. springs & sways ideal w/ no order since it would all be done at the same time. -JDM bumpers -non-US seats or Cobra Misano in black leather -headlight-oven treatment -full exhaust -larger twinscroll turbo setup -STi cams -stereo -coilovers -18" forged wheels w/ sticky rubber- track wheels? nah, separate track car -lightened flywheel & stronger clutch -short shift & bushings -SS brake lines & upgraded pads -custom dark gray paint -navigation, after all this other stuff, why not? -there's always something else

[quote name='PPower']realistic: 1. headlight-oven treatment 2. up, down, and mid pipes 3. ecu/reflash 4. tires 5. springs & sways ideal w/ no order since it would all be done at the same time. -JDM bumpers -non-US seats or Cobra Misano in black leather -headlight-oven treatment -full exhaust -larger twinscroll turbo setup -STi cams -stereo -coilovers -18" forged wheels w/ sticky rubber- track wheels? nah, separate track car -lightened flywheel & stronger clutch -short shift & bushings -SS brake lines & upgraded pads -custom dark gray paint -navigation, after all this other stuff, why not? -there's always something else[/quote] Can I have some money?

LOL, I'm on the search myself. I'd be afraid to even total up those add ons. My brother and I did that with the M3 4door he bought, and we figured it to be a bit over $30k. I can't imagine somebody spending that much extra on a car. Problem is that if you're going to spend that much extra, just buy a better car to begin with. Of course there aren't any others if you're looking for relatively lightweight 4 door AWD sedans. Oh, I realized I left out lightened driveshafts. One can wish, right? My brother's M3 has a lightened shaft, and it is amazing what a difference a lightened drivetrain makes compared to his previous M3/4. While we're on unrealistic mods that won't even be produced, can I say ceramic brakes? :lol:

[quote name='SUBE555']Oh no, I feel like I'm opening a can of worms with this one. :) My potential list: Street Wheels/Tires: Stock 17x7's w/ Pirelli PZero Nero M&S or best A/S rubber Race Wheels/Tires: BBS RGR Satin 17x7.5 w/ Race Rubber Brakes: -Stoptech Stainless Lines to improve feel and safety -Upgraded pads with OE dusting and noise characteristics while increasing heat range and pad bite Suspension: -STi 'Pink' Sport Springs -STi Trailing Arm Set -STi Ti Front Strut Tower Bar -Hollow sway bars (matched set) from Hotchkis or Cobb Drivetrain: -STi Short-Throw Shift Kit Power: -Cobb AccessECU w/ AccessPort -Stainless Turbo-Back Exhaust Interior: -Either STi Recaros, Recaro Sport, Recaro Speedling or Sparco Monza in black fabric (Amazingly much or very similar components are available through Subaru Technica International in Japan. ;)) A possibility down the road includes STi cams w/ higher rev limit, ball-bearing turbo/intercooler upgrade, STi front LSD & lightweight flywheel. I've probably had WAY too much time to think about these things.[/quote] I can put an estimate to mine... Street Tires:~$500 Race/Summer Tires:~$500-700 Race/Summer Wheels (also Rota Tarmac II in Bronze is real nice):$600-~$1700 Brake Lines & Pads:~$400 Springs:~$300 Arms:~$250 Ti STB:~$300 Sways:~$350 Shifter (Come as option) Reflash:~$600 Gutted Up-Pipe: FREE! Turbo-Back:~$1200-1500 Seats (if stock isn't supportive enough in cloth):~$1600 $500+1100+400+1200+1800=$5,000 on the low end for well set up (excluding seat upgrade) to $500+2400+400+1200+2100+1600=$12,000 :o on the high-end (including seat upgrade) and that discounts any ideas on the turbo end! Yikes. *thinks to self* don't think about money, don't think about money :lol: The previous sounds like a better deal. ;)

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']yeah, those mods add up quick! sounds like a good list though.. I am praying that you won't have to gut your uppipe![/quote] pray that you do! That's some easy horsepower waiting to be released. I think I'd be more comfortable buying a new up-pipe as opposed to risking not getting it clean enough and getting particles in the engine. :o

[quote name='titsataki']STi version with all the STi goodies plus at least 300/300 hp/tq Cheers Nick[/quote] I am going to quote myself again here. I know I would buy this car and 2 years later they would come up with the STi version. I would hate that. It reminds me of what happened with the WRX. Two years later there's the STi. Maybe it is too hardcore, but it does have a ton of upgrades over the WRX. I may pull a new car this year but I cannot be buying cars every 2-3 years. If you asked me it is getting rediculous. Cheers Nick

[quote name='titsataki'][quote name='titsataki']STi version with all the STi goodies plus at least 300/300 hp/tq Cheers Nick[/quote] I am going to quote myself again here. I know I would buy this car and 2 years later they would come up with the STi version. I would hate that. It reminds me of what happened with the WRX. Two years later there's the STi. Maybe it is too hardcore, but it does have a ton of upgrades over the WRX. I may pull a new car this year but I cannot be buying cars every 2-3 years. If you asked me it is getting rediculous. Cheers Nick[/quote] It's like buying a computer. Six months later, you're a schmuck, as your model is bigger, stronger, faster and cheaper. It isn't like, if there is in fact an STi (there won't be any time soon...don't worry), it will be a one-year-only model. Further, the Legacy will be an evolution, I imagine, an ongoing process that, like the WRX, finds Subaru fine-tuning it rather than changing it wholesale. I still think that the stock GT, this year, is going to be about as hard-edged as the car will ever be. There might be an STi version in two or three years, but my guess is that it won't be a super car, but simply a slight revving up of the GT model. Kevin

[quote name='titsataki'][quote name='titsataki']STi version with all the STi goodies plus at least 300/300 hp/tq Cheers Nick[/quote] I am going to quote myself again here. I know I would buy this car and 2 years later they would come up with the STi version. I would hate that. It reminds me of what happened with the WRX. Two years later there's the STi. Maybe it is too hardcore, but it does have a ton of upgrades over the WRX. I may pull a new car this year but I cannot be buying cars every 2-3 years. If you asked me it is getting rediculous. Cheers Nick[/quote] You could wait a few years and get a used GT to make it easier to move up to an STi if/when it comes out. Or the next gen. STi Impreza.

The reasonable thing is to wait the 2 years now. Stick with my 02 WRX and see if the ST comes out and get it. But well I am not famous for being the coice of reason :) Nahh... I probably would get something this year. Later maybe by the end of Summer. LOL who knows... Cheers Nick

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='SUBE555']Oh no, I feel like I'm opening a can of worms with this one. :) My potential list: Street Wheels/Tires: Stock 17x7's w/ Pirelli PZero Nero M&S or best A/S rubber Race Wheels/Tires: BBS RGR Satin 17x7.5 w/ Race Rubber Brakes: -Stoptech Stainless Lines to improve feel and safety -Upgraded pads with OE dusting and noise characteristics while increasing heat range and pad bite Suspension: -STi 'Pink' Sport Springs -STi Trailing Arm Set -STi Ti Front Strut Tower Bar -Hollow sway bars (matched set) from Hotchkis or Cobb Drivetrain: -STi Short-Throw Shift Kit Power: -Cobb AccessECU w/ AccessPort -Stainless Turbo-Back Exhaust Interior: -Either STi Recaros, Recaro Sport, Recaro Speedling or Sparco Monza in black fabric (Amazingly much or very similar components are available through Subaru Technica International in Japan. ;))[/quote] I like your list. I think I'll just say "ditto". :D -- Bill

Archived