LegacyGT.com

legacy being built in may

[quote name='AMT4SWA']Gray for the "05" STI....DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND TELL ME THAT???? :o Now I want a STI for myself in GRAY!!! :D[/quote] :( ditto. take off the big wing and maybe a FMIC w/ reverse hood scoop. It just wouldn't look good with the blue interior. I would like to see them give an option of blue interior or grey as well.

Personally, I'd like to see the major options being: -Wheels (JDM Gold, BBS Gold, BBS Silver) -Wings (WRC, High V8 Style, Low) -Interior (Black, Blue) I think the WRC wing would be a very low seller, but I'd rather see options of others, even the current high wing over that WRC wing std. That is just a development shot of one sort that shows that, so who knows what models will even get that if any. Would be nice to have both the BBS and the std International variety wheel optional. The international wheel still looks great, yet could drop a good chunk off the price, maybe a grand? The interior is definitely a hitting point as well. I'd rather have a black interior (with better designed seats of course.) Make a Wagon version w/ Black/Dark Grey interior, either wheels as options, and even just the new Leg GT brakes, I'd be total game! I could even forget about a GT! :o

[quote name='SUBE555']The interior is definitely a hitting point as well. I'd rather have a black interior (with better designed seats of course.) Make a Wagon version w/ Black/Dark Grey interior, either wheels as options, and even just the new Leg GT brakes, I'd be total game! I could even forget about a GT! :o[/quote] You are so right! Especially if it were offered in San Remo Red or gray. I would have a hard time picking a Legacy over that. Definitely needs the non-US seats. They are so much better than what the US gets it's unbelievable.

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='SUBE555']The interior is definitely a hitting point as well. I'd rather have a black interior (with better designed seats of course.) Make a Wagon version w/ Black/Dark Grey interior, either wheels as options, and even just the new Leg GT brakes, I'd be total game! I could even forget about a GT! :o[/quote] You are so right! Especially if it were offered in San Remo Red or gray. I would have a hard time picking a Legacy over that. Definitely needs the non-US seats. They are so much better than what the US gets it's unbelievable.[/quote] Blame our fat-assed countrymen for necessitating larger seats. :lol: Kevin

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='AMT4SWA']Gray for the "05" STI....DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND TELL ME THAT???? :o Now I want a STI for myself in GRAY!!! :D[/quote] :( ditto. take off the big wing and maybe a FMIC w/ reverse hood scoop. It just wouldn't look good with the blue interior. I would like to see them give an option of blue interior or grey as well.[/quote] I already have a plan on that. A gray Sti (up to now a black one was in line). No fin just plain trunk. Front mount IC. Get rid of scoop and repaint the hood and fill the scoop hole. Have black/grey mesh in the front to cover the IC. Aftermarket Leather interior in black. Anthracite wheels (maybe 18's P1's). Dynamat the doors so that they sound more substantial while doing the stereo install. Make sure IC piping is black so it is lower profile. Does that sound good enough? :) It is still my number one preference. :( cheers Nick

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='PPower'][quote name='SUBE555']The interior is definitely a hitting point as well. I'd rather have a black interior (with better designed seats of course.) Make a Wagon version w/ Black/Dark Grey interior, either wheels as options, and even just the new Leg GT brakes, I'd be total game! I could even forget about a GT! :o[/quote] You are so right! Especially if it were offered in San Remo Red or gray. I would have a hard time picking a Legacy over that. Definitely needs the non-US seats. They are so much better than what the US gets it's unbelievable.[/quote] Blame our fat-assed countrymen for necessitating larger seats. :lol: Kevin[/quote] The problem with the demographic that the standards are being based on, most of them aren't going to be fitting into an STi. Yeah, there are a few big boned Scooby owners out there, but I'd say a high majority of the owners I've met wouldn't have any problem sitting into the better GC/GM RS or even seats in my dad's Leg L Wagon (which are both much better IMO than any new models, even the STi.) Oh yeah, driving my sister's 02 OBS, that thing has better seats than the new models too. Americans in general and SOA don't mix. Hell, most people think the Subaru suspensions are too rough, like an OB or Forester, I'm like rough, you gotta be kidding me, I don't even think an STi is rough! :D

Recaros or at least something a bit more hugging. The American 'image' gives even performance drivers (many of who which could easily fit into a better tighter seat) a bad name. Most of those people who fit that image are minivan/SUV/truck-type people who don't know what a sporty car is. Just an observation. At least in my area.

[quote name='titsataki']I thought the Sti gets real recaros overseas? I always looked at the Euro seats and that they look much more huggers that the USDM ones. cheers Nick[/quote] No, they aren't the Recaro brand, but they feel soooo good. The 02/03 seats are the "sport seats" that all other countries had as an option which included the SRS. You can read on scoobynet and see how much better people feel that the bucket seats are than the sport seats. Now compare that to the US where the 04 is a step down in comfort and snug fit though it [i]looks[/i] close to the seats everybody else gets. There is just no comparison between the US and non US seats. To give an idea, the foreign buckets feel similar to the US Evo Recaro seats. All countries get SRS in the WRX now, so that is no longer the hang-up. They just truly widen it for the American fat butts which aren't the most typical of active Subaru owners.

[quote name='PPower']...They just truly widen it for the American fat butts which aren't the most typical of active Subaru owners.[/quote] That's my hangup! The Subaru owner demographic isn't what they're designing the car for or marketing towards!

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='titsataki']I thought the Sti gets real recaros overseas? I always looked at the Euro seats and that they look much more huggers that the USDM ones. cheers Nick[/quote] No, they aren't the Recaro brand, but they feel soooo good. The 02/03 seats are the "sport seats" that all other countries had as an option which included the SRS. You can read on scoobynet and see how much better people feel that the bucket seats are than the sport seats. Now compare that to the US where the 04 is a step down in comfort and snug fit though it [i]looks[/i] close to the seats everybody else gets. There is just no comparison between the US and non US seats. To give an idea, the foreign buckets feel similar to the US Evo Recaro seats. All countries get SRS in the WRX now, so that is no longer the hang-up. They just truly widen it for the American fat butts which aren't the most typical of active Subaru owners.[/quote] Right on about the '04 seats, but be careful about the generalization that Subaru owners will fit the seats. I attended a meeting with representatives from Subaru Japan about the WRX and what potential improvements could be offered, and to a man, every person grousing about not getting the JDM seats wouldn't have been able to fit into them with KY jelly and a shoehorn. :lol: Subaru is being very careful not to spec seats that would cost them sales because someone can't fit into them, vs having slimmer folks grouse about having a bit too much room. The latter will almost certainly still buy the car. The former? No way are they buying. Kevin

[quote name='SUBE555'][quote name='PPower']...They just truly widen it for the American fat butts which aren't the most typical of active Subaru owners.[/quote] That's my hangup! The Subaru owner demographic isn't what they're designing the car for or marketing towards![/quote] I don't know that we represent the desired eventual Subaru owner demographic, or for that matter, the desired Subaru owner demographic at present. Remember that Subaru is looking years down the road, not at present Subaru owners, which is some of what fuels my speculation that this year's GT will probably be the hardest-edged GT that we'll be getting. We are already Subaru owners, and Subaru converted. The company doesn't have to worry about us, to a large extent. Yes, if the Imprezas and performance Legacies lose their edge, people like us will go elsewhere, but if Subaru gains other customers to replace every one of us, they've gained in the long run. If 10 people drive a car, and nine think that the car is too harshly suspended, while one thinks it's too soft, who's going to buy the car? If that one thinks it's just right, they'll buy the car, but the other nice are headed for some other dealership. You're right about "average" Americans thinking that Subarus are already too harshly suspended. A co-worker went to test-drive a Forester XS, and said the car was great, but that "you could feel everything on the road." That person is a typical American. Couple that with the marketing team that Subaru now has to shape the direction of future cars based on what the American market wants, and you can't help but have a bit of apprehension about the future of things for us folks who like to feel everything on the road. Kevin

You're right to an extend there Kevin. However, with the current form of marketing they're using (the Lance style), I can't see the wider seats making a damn bit of difference. Their marketing sucks (although appears improving with the new Forester commercial), the dealership situation at many isn't much better, I can name a few in-state that suck and there aren't that many in Wisconsin, and the features aren't anything special to woo folks, that includes warrantys. Overall, they don't have too special a package to woo people. The thing selling to some is the AWD, others- the performance edge/drivers car. They need to improve upon those aspects listed to really push sales or I don't really see it much beyond stagnant at their current rates and a little more push with the new Leg/OB.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived