LegacyGT.com

legacy being built in may

The press cars have already been delivered to the magazine guys. I guess it was about 3 weeks ago that our regional trainer went to San diego to go test the new legacy's and then the cars were going to the magazines. :D

Retooling should be done within the next month and the first batch should start to be going through the line soon after. Will really be interesting to see what they can do. I'd also be very interested to see what the new cars could do with a different and better A/S tire like an RE950 or PZero Nero M&S or a KDWS. Those RE92 or RE92A's will still not help the mag ratings.

[quote name='titsataki']By the way do you guys think that P1's would fit over the front brakes? I know they do not fit on the STi. cheers Nick[/quote] The P1s don't fit over the STi Brembos because of the size of the calipers, not the rotors. If the Legacy comes with the two-piston setup that it comes with everywhere else in the world, the P1s should be fine. Kevin

Yeah I know Gumby. If they're going to give info, this little by little stuff just frustrates people. Bring it out as a 2004.5 not far behind the JDM models or wait til shortly before the time it should be hitting dealerships. All this little by little nonesense is going to turn us all postal.

[quote name='Gumby']Weeks ago the need-desire site said pricing info would be available soon :x[/quote] Early to mid-March is supposed to be when pricing will be available. We'll see if that happens. I'm a bit more patient (a lot, actually) because I am definitely buying one. Period, the end. The only real questions are options, and color (black is so tempting). I've been told that the kids over at NASIOC are whining about the bumper again, which never ceases to amaze me. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, take your money elsewhere, is what I would say were I still a contributor there. Just shut up about it. :lol: Kevin

I haven't seen any bumper whining over there, but I mainly only frequent the News & Rumors forum (along with the occasional jaunt to OT). I'm with Kevin on the patient side of the field. I'm not planning to buy until August at the soonest; more than likely it will be around this time next year (if I can force myself to wait that long). My color choices are down to four: the Burgundy looking red, the Atlantic Blue, White, and Silver. I'm not partial to silver, but it looks damn good on the GT wagon. Same with the blue. I do like burgundy and white (easier to keep looking clean).

According to Patti (of SOA) at Edmunds, these will be some of the colors on the new Legacy: Black A "lovely" very light green A "really nice" pearl white Blue pearl "mellow - a bit richer than sky" (perhaps the Atlantic Blue) Red Silver

No, my Thursday evenings are otherwise engaged. But I do read Edmunds on a regular basis. My sign-in name over there is "kenoka". I frequent several Subaru boards; mostly Future Models and the ones dedicated to the new Legacy.

I've haven't read up too much lately on there, too busy whoring here and catching up on other stuff. I do try to frequent the chats and keep in good contact with Patti about several matters. It's a decent forum, though the format isn't as much fun which makes it a bit more boring IMO. I need to catch up over there though. :)

Archived