LegacyGT.com

CCR autocross July9th

autoxdad

I probably would have been there, but I completely forgot about the event until it was too late...d'oh. :icon_redf

WHAT?!?!

shame...shame..SHAME!! :lol: j/k i didn't make it either, but i SWARE im gonna make the 24hr event and the challenge in Atl!!

Kenda:dm:

It was a very good time. The weather was perfect. I am afraid its going to be a little WARM in Danville this weekend, but it will be fun to have two days of autocrossing. Still looking forward to getting some Legacy's at some autocross in the future:)

I probably would have been there, but I completely forgot about the event until it was too late...d'oh. :icon_redf
Shame on you, you might be new on here but I know you are not a Newbie:) Hope to see you soon at one Shane. I have missed plenty this year also

A couple months back I had WJM listen to an odd sound my car was making and his diagnosis was rod bearing noise. Since it is leaking in the same spot it was last time (which was the oil pump seal) and there appears to be a metallic look to the oil this further points to rod bearings. I had Dale listen to it last time I was at his shop and he's pretty sure it is, too.

The "cheap / fast" option to fix this appears to be a longblock swap (around $1200 installed if you buy a used EJ25). I was considering either that or an EJ20 swap, but honestly it's gotten me second-guessing whether I even want to keep the RS anymore as it just doesn't hold the same excitement it used to (I guess owning the same car for nearly 8 years will do that to you).

Regardless, until I get that worked out, it kinda cuts into my autocross schedule a bit. :lol:

Oh and if you are wondering why I've been hanging out here again, a 2005+ Legacy GT is one of the options I'm seriously considering. :D

is that a possibility of "for sale" that i'm hearing?!?! :lol: :lol: must get ideas out of my head....

yes, you know you want an '05+ b/c the '00 just doesn't cut it :lol: plus we (you, dave, myself) could all have awesome sounding matching exhaust!!!! :D

is that a possibility of "for sale" that i'm hearing?!?! :lol: :lol: must get ideas out of my head....

yes, you know you want an '05+ b/c the '00 just doesn't cut it :lol: plus we (you, dave, myself) could all have awesome sounding matching exhaust!!!! :D

Where was that Legacy at the CCR autocross??? Cant wait to see it, are you going to get the exhaust and which one? The Danville course was awsome this last weekend, fast and fun

Where was that Legacy at the CCR autocross??? Cant wait to see it, are you going to get the exhaust and which one? The Danville course was awsome this last weekend, fast and fun

:lol: maybe after the new guy starts a work i'll show up, plus i have the car back now :D. he's from Mid-A and has a WRX and is into auto-x, so ill have to introduce him to you guys!! our programmer has an '04 STi but he doesn't auto-x, nor does he apparently drive hard b/c he said he's average 31-33mpg on road trips :eek: :eek: i think i averaged 22.5 on my way back from Atl last night :lol:

whatever exhaust/up/downpipe combo you have i want. i think it's the best sounding thing on the face of the earth..besides what (apparently) was Shane's RS!

Ideas? What are you interested in one of my cars if I do sell? :D

whatever exhaust/up/downpipe combo you have i want. i think it's the best sounding thing on the face of the earth..besides what (apparently) was Shane's RS!

My RS sounded much better when it had the Borla headers on it, but now that I've gone back to the stockers (the Borlas cracked), it isn't nearly as nice.

My current setup is:

Stock headers -> RandomTech high-flow -> Brullen "medium" catback (but with the resonator replaced with a straight pipe during an exhaust repair)

My former setup (which is probably the setup you are referring to) was:

Borla headers -> stock cats -> Brullen "medium" catback (with the same aforementioned exhaust shop repair)

I have the STI up pipe, the Cobb downpipe and the Stromung Cat back twin tipped, and I still love the sound

yeah all of that..im getting all that :lol: :lol: i want to scare my neighbors, who are actually really nice people, but i think it would be funny!!

i have way too many ideas in my head for an RS build.

i have way too many ideas in my head for an RS build.

So what you waiting for? ;)

---

If I do get the LGT, I'll be planning to stay in D-Stock for a while, so I'm planning to get just the Stromung catback (what Dave had originally).

---

If I do get the LGT, I'll be planning to stay in D-Stock for a while, so I'm planning to get just the Stromung catback (what Dave had originally).

That still gives it a very nice sound:)

---

Stop tempting me!! :lol: you know i'm a pushover!

Great choice, The offer still holds for you to co drive mine anytime we can autocross together. Good Luck

Unless I get one of my own first, I fully intend to take you up on that offer. :D

Archived