LegacyGT.com

Neon ACR

WHAT THE HELL?....im drivin home...and i see neons ... so i say hey im bored.....this one keeps up....( for a while ).... than we pull over and its a stock.....he says 95 neon acr....made for racing....looked it up and low 13's 1/4 mile......pretty impressive.....yet ugly.....but be on the look out for those....its a sleeper

The 95 Neon ACR would not keep up with a Legacy GT if the neon was stock. They only had like 150hp. A 2005 Neon ACR would beat a LGT, but that's a SRT-4.

When he said racing he most likely meant Auto-X. They are lightweight and toss-able.

Did you downshift out of 5th? lol

i really dont know on this one. they are very light cars. ACRs had basically a twin cam DSM motor in it just with out the snail. friend of mine had a 95 neon but with the single cam engine. did a intake,exhaust, underdrive pulley. that car was pretty quick for a 100k miles on it.

plus ive gone head to head with a srt-4 on a circle track & started at high speeds(60ish) im pretty sure modded(didnt really chat with him much) i think he thought he would of done better. myself only thing done was a uppipe & i had all my windows down, i stayed with him. he got a jump on me but didnt pull away.......... to get back on the track with him now. i hate to say it but he wouldnt have a chance.

Did it feel quick or was it actually quick? I think if you put a stock LGT next to it the LGT would destroy a '95 ACR (w/o major mods).

The SRT-4 is fast in a straight line. If he was stock and had stock rims they are only 6" wide. They dont do well for cornering. Plus the LGT is a fast sleeper but it wouldnt walk a SRT-4 w/o stage 2.

it probably felt quick, it was in '97 he had it, it did pretty well with the 5.0/4.6 stangs, im not saying it bet them, just stayed with them better then i or the 5.0/4.6 stang guys thought..... i agree the lgt would woop it.

it was a all straight circle track:icon_wink. stage 2+now....... if its still the same mods. i would make him cry in front of his g/f. i would powned him. all my windows were down. basically all stock & never pulled on me. really its his fault, for the modded car. if that single event never happened...... the car would of stayed mostly stock.:lol:

I have to agree, I have a 96 Neon "project car" with a few modifications and even with a port and polished magnum head, intake, exhaust, and aftermarket computer on it, my OBXT would simply walk away from it. Without a turbo you are looking at less than 180 WHP for a streetable neon. While the ACR was a "racing" version it was basically a base model neon with a few suspension tweaks. It is true that they are rather nimble on the auto-x course though.

Archived