LegacyGT.com

HELP ! Remove Door Panel

lgygt

Hi Guys,

I am new here, although I read this forum everyday but I didn't post much.

Recently I have a thought to change the speakers on my 05 GT, I have not much funds to start with so I am planning to do it myself, I am not a very technical person and I don't want to screw up the car (cause I love it).

I read some posting about speakers and stuffs but unfortunately every one of them didn't provide details where and how can I remove the door panel in details (you know pics are always better than words).

So I am here to ask for help, to see if anyone have any pics of how to remove and install the panel, details in words will also help.

Thanks a lot

P.S. where can I find spacer/bracket in case the speaker is too "deep" for the door? Can I made it by myself? What is the maximum thickness of spacer that I can use?

Thanks again.

Jason

P.S. where can I find spacer/bracket in case the speaker is too "deep" for the door? Can I made it by myself? What is the maximum thickness of spacer that I can use?

the spacers that the installers at bestbuy used for my speakers were the ones for a toyota w/ 6.5" speakers.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

i'm running alpine coaxial speakers type-s. i believe its either a 1/4 or 1/2" spacers. i was told by the installer that the type-s by alpine is one of the biggest speakers that can be mounted on the legacy while retaining the factory paneling over it. all others would pertrude too much.

i'm not sure how much truth there is to my installer's information, but you may want to double check w/ the other owners on the forum.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Archived