LegacyGT.com

What cars are you considering getting after your Legacy?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I just bought my next car and still need to sell my OBXT. Went into the Porsche dealership to see if I fit in a new Cayman in hopes of squelching the fantasy (I'm 6'4"). I fit with room to spare-wow. Actually more comfortable, once in, then any car I've sat in recently. Salesman saw my happy glow but that I was dressed like an indigent surfer, and threw out numbers that blew me away. I had zero intention of even thinking of buying a Cayman, or any Porsche for another 5-10 years. However, wife gave the nod of approval, and I now have a midnight blue base Cayman. Still getting use to being conspicous again.

:needpics: immediately! :lol:

So this is the new non-S cayman model, that has the same engine as the boxster S, right?

Actually it is the same engine as the base boxter. And for either 07 or 08 (i forget) they are replacing the boxter s's engine with the cayman s's engine so they will share the same engines for each model.

Correct, it is the base 07 Cayman/Boxster engine 245/201. Funny, in normal driving the OBXT actually feels faster, as the cam does not kick-in until 4200rpms and I'm not allowed to go over 4000rpms for the first 2000 miles-agony.

My wife has picks in her camera, so I'll get them loaded pronto.

I was just thinking that a second-gen MR2 Coupe (even a non-turbo, at that) might be a good little car to blast back and forth to work in. Manual trans, mid engine, probably run forevvvvvvver, and be actually fun to put the hammer down after a hard day... and with a non-turbo, it'd probably get good mileage most of the time.

I'd not have to care if it gets rained on, sun-beaten, door-dinged, or scratched. Something to save a nice Legacy GT from those fates when the snow isn't flying. Legacy GT for trips, special occaisions, overly wet or snowy days when AWD is nice.

You know what they say... It is more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow. But I can imagine that driving a fast car fast is even better.

Too true Barrok. I think my wife actually likes the car more than I do, for entirely different reasons. Odd, that she never felt like this about the three Suby wagons and Miata I have owned prior.

The stars were aligned when I walked into the dealership, compounded with the fact that they had a lot of base Cayman's with 17" wheels. I suspect I'll be back in a Suby in 25 months from now.

Really depends what's available at the time, whether I'm still living here, and how my job situation is looking.

May just pay the LGT off and drive it a while to get myself into a house.

Archived