LegacyGT.com

What cars are you considering getting after your Legacy?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to get another legacy GT. It would depend on where I was in the financial area, but I'd love to have the legacy move up as my purchasing power does. Perhaps something that is more in line with competing with cars like the M3 and RS4 out of the box. I love the performance of the LGT and I'm certainly not looking for the inflated price of those name brand cars, but some better suspension, a coupe, and perhaps a convertible would be SWEET!

If not, I'll get a big boy luxury sedan and trick out an Sti for thrills.

I can't really think of any off hand, probably anothere Legacy. I have not found anything that fits all of my needs as well as the LGT. Its got good power, great handling, creature comforts, good gas mileage, and a great deal of modability that will more then compensate for it short commings (the cars not mine i am very happy in that area). Any othere car that would fit my needs as well would be a major financial strain on me, and my LGT is just so much fun to drive. It still gives me a big smile almost every time I drive it still.

Mike, I'm suprised you didn't mention the Skye in here. BTW I have one to add on, the Tyota FJ, i know its not something sporty but it seems like a fun thing to drive. I had an 89 Cherokee as my first car and miss ground clearance for snow and the BFG tires. I used to park it in 3 foot tall mounds of ice/ snow and leave it ther, get in mud to its bumpers, and drive over pretty much anything I wanted to eithin reason. Yes my inner Redneck is comming out.

all we'll drive sumthin....

upcoming spec b most likely

upcoming evo

upcoming 3 coupe (i doubt it)

unless i move out of the snow belt then a roadster of some sort

s2k turbo-ed

skyy turbo

Good question... the Legacy GT will last me a while as it stands right now and I dont see myself getting rid of it any time soon.

However, if I do sell it I am going to want a couple of things depending on where I am.

1. 4-door with enough room for car seats

2. AWD for the NE winters

3. Some degree of sportiness/style

Now Honda is showing some promise with their next gen TSX. It looks stylish, and if they give it decent power (in another generation a Camry will probably have 300-hp), AWD, and the usual amazing Honda interior I might be tempted.

Other than that I might try to get two cars to do double duty- a Fit/Prius/Hybrid for the daily driver role, and then something like a Miata retractable hardtop to have fun and tinker with.

my next car is definently a legacy gt, course being that I'm a few years behind the curve on the rest of you the next car is pretty soon.

other than that if the make the Challenger into a convertible maybe I'd consider that to replace the old convertible I've been holding onto for when its nice weather.

TL
...i will probably never go fwd again.

STI/EVO/Elise-Exige/mini s
...still to boytoy - it would have to move further upscale, and i'd still go with the urabuS:icon_wink

M5 /E55 wagon/ CLS
...very hot but maybe out of my reach, even off lease, for quite a while.

2007 Camaro/Challenger/Next Gen g35/GTO/335/ M3 /Corvette Z06/cayman
...all cool but my life would have to change drastically before i pick up a coupe - and if it did:icon_wink , i'd hit up the cayman, that thing is hot as hell!

i'd like to stick with the leggy too, but the fugly factor applies here as well!

I have had a bunch of american cars, two japanese cars, i think I want a German car next either BMW or Audi, but thats a few years down the road. If the all new legacy when it hits is pimp I may stick with Subaru.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

i really really like subarus (this is my second legacy), but getting a place later this year with a garage and driveway will allow me to keep more than 1 car. so instead of one compromise vehicle like the legacy which is fun to drive, goes everywhere in the winter and tows and hauls stuff, i'll be able to get cars dedicated for each purpose.

One car (truck) that i think would be fun would be the 6MT version of the FJ Cruiser, rugged unique apperance and a mid 6 second 0-60 for the MT 4WD version sounds like a fun truck.

But I think i would bore quickly of the trucky ride :)

But its still neat..

Either way no new main car for me for awhile..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived