LegacyGT.com

Official Tri-State Spotted Thread

mlrtime

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double-parked near the GCP entrance in Astoria, Queens mid-day today. A silver LGT rolled by me on the way to the ramp. I honked.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

saw a OBP (possibly blue but I think black) LGT goin north on the merrit pkwy around stamford at about 4:30 pm today. I think I've seen you goin south in the morning when I'm on my way up the merrit.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

saw a OBP (possibly blue but I think black) LGT goin north on the merrit pkwy around stamford at about 4:30 pm today. I think I've seen you goin south in the morning when I'm on my way up the merrit.
Wasn't me but I was on that road yesterday and dam that is fun to drive.:icon_mrgr

Denial is your best friend

Wasn't me but I was on that road yesterday and dam that is fun to drive.:icon_mrgr

Sure is. I'm on it every day. Makes my commute alot more fun. It gets a little scary sometimes though. People get way too crazy on there, especially in the bad weather

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

huge warning to all merritt pkwy drivers!! the staties have finally decided to seriously patrol the merritt. i drive it every day and in the last week, they have stepped up enforcement between exits 39 and 48.

i saw over 10 staties on my drive home with 3-4 of them gunning off the road. i came so close to getting a ticket tonight. luckily, there was a volvo wagon who was speeding in front of me and i sensed there was a cop around the area and i slowed down while he didn't. needless to say, the volvo is hating me now:icon_mrgr

what type of radar do they use? my passport didn't even go off:icon_conf

for the next few days/weeks gotta be a boyscout on my commute!

Seen a White LGT twice on Springfield Blvd. around Cardozo and Alleypond Park. Has an aftermarket exhaust and rims.

i go to qcc almost every day, never seen the white LGT you talking about. ridah you live around there ?

huge warning to all merritt pkwy drivers!! the staties have finally decided to seriously patrol the merritt. i drive it every day and in the last week, they have stepped up enforcement between exits 39 and 48.

i saw over 10 staties on my drive home with 3-4 of them gunning off the road. i came so close to getting a ticket tonight. luckily, there was a volvo wagon who was speeding in front of me and i sensed there was a cop around the area and i slowed down while he didn't. needless to say, the volvo is hating me now:icon_mrgr

Wow....this is good to know. I also commute on the merritt everyday. I get off at exit 40b. My average speed is around at min. around 75mph-85mph. I never see a cop on the merritt unless there was an accident.

Thanks again.....I will keep my eyes opened!

me too. the merritt was great for unmonitored motoring for the past 2 years. i used to travel 80-85, but not now (unless i'm behind someone:icon_cool ).

+1 I've been whippin on the road for years. Now I guess it's time to invest in that V1 I've been puttin off. I saw someone get pulled over the other day by an unmarked explorer

They are probably using "instant on" radar. It only cycles when the trigger is depressed or something, until then its off and undetectable. If your detector goes off thats the signal that you've been caught ;)

If you are lucky then the person in front of you gets painted and your detector will go off.

"Instant on" is getting quite popular around here.

i don't think it was instant on. i was directly behind the volvo in the line of fire and didn't get a read when the cop hit him.

the device looks like a handheld little box, not a typical radar gun.

They are probably using "instant on" radar. It only cycles when the trigger is depressed or something, until then its off and undetectable. If your detector goes off thats the signal that you've been caught ;)

If you are lucky then the person in front of you gets painted and your detector will go off.

"Instant on" is getting quite popular around here.

^^...could have been laser, but the ones i've seen are not "little box"-ish. also the weather needs to be clear and other variables for laser to work accurately.

- on a side note, i was reading in pc world: some guy beat a ticket b/c his nav unit can playback trip info including speed at time of incident...so if you have nav, hit record (unless your doin 120, in which case, punch it, cut your lites and pull into a long dark driveway) ; P

goin home on the merrit today was f-ing hairy. Pouring so hard it was literally 10 mph driving. When it cleared up the northbound side was F-ed. There were trees down everywhere. Holy crap! (I know, OT)

If it was kinda dirty with DRL disabled and lowered then you caught me!! I use the I95 to get to work in the morning but Merritt Pkwy to get home in Bridgeport.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T