LegacyGT.com

Subaru Bug Deflector Cleaning?

So I just installed my Subaru Deflector and was curious if people remove this everytime they wash the car or what. I was figuring I would just remove it once in a while to clean underneath it.I clean my car once a week at least so I did'nt want to take the chance of stripping screws and what not.

Denial is your best friend

Guest *Jedimaster*
I take mine off a few times a year- the soap and water have plenty of room to get under it. I really only take it off when waxing.

I take mine off a few times a year- the soap and water have plenty of room to get under it. I really only take it off when waxing.

+1 I'll take mine off when I get around to using the clay bar on it.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I took mine off whenever I waxed or polished the car. Other than that I just wiped it down and let it be. There isn't much you can do to clean the underside of it unless you floss the drying towel under it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Last time I thought about doing the whole wax routine under the bug deflector I pretty much came to the opinion that it was more trouble than it was worth (in terms of removing it, that is). As it's a thick, dark plastic, I've got no worries about sun fading or anything. In ten years it might become an issue but until then I'll be blissfully in the dark.

Archived