LegacyGT.com

Is AM Intake Bad For A Turbocharged Car?

The Don

no, if you are running the intake Alone then you will have nothing to worry about, since the stock tune is padded a little.

with any other mods, you will most likely need a tune, to get the most out of it, the only that i can see being bad for a trubo car would be a bad tune

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I'm with brother lookslikeanevo on this one, mostly....

I agree, if you're making it your one and sole mod, you should be OK. It seems from various owners' logs that although some parameters, like EGT, starts to creep towards "concerning" values, it should remain A-OK as long as you don't change any other factor.

However, if you start incorporating more hardware changes, or are thinking about aftermarket EM changes, then no, you're better off not making the intake change until you can specifically obtain engine-management for said set of changes.

Your aftermarket cat-back, though, should be a *minimal* change, and should not really impact your desire for nor "safety" in the installation of an aftermarket intake.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

NP - :) But that's my personal opinion only! :D Others may think differently. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^lol...

all im planning till i go either ECutek or AP is Intake and Exhaust...then, right before tune, then UP, DP, maybe Header and a bigger snail

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived