LegacyGT.com

Need under seat amp install help

lo_rezz

Hello all -

First, I just wanted to say thank you to all that contribute on here. I've only owned my '06 Outback Lmtd. for just over a month, but have already learned a ton on here.

I've already switched out my front speakers to Infinity Kappas 62.7i(coaxial style, but with a crossover), and am realising that I need to install an amp. I don't have the funds to put in a Cleansweep at this time, but am ready to do an amp install, and would like to put it under the passenger seat. I plan on putting in a 4 channel amp so I can replace the rear speakers as well. I'd be interested to know the following, and haven't found it by searching on here yet -

- Do I need to do anything special to remove the passenger seat?

- Is there any concern with the airbag in the seat?

- What's the best way to run wiring thru the firewall?

- Any good ideas for running speaker wire to the amp and back to the speakers?

I'd appreciate any input you all could provide.

<snippage>

- Do I need to do anything special to remove the passenger seat?

Nope, there are four very large bolts that hold the seat to the floor pan. Just use a socket wrench to extract them.

- Is there any concern with the airbag in the seat?

Disconnect the negative lead from the battery if you are concerned about it going off in your face.

- What's the best way to run wiring thru the firewall?

There are a couple of rubber grommets that can be popped out, then cut a hole in the middle, route the cable through it. Check my website on a boost gauge install for a pic of where one is located (in back of the TMIC).

Got Boost?

- Any good ideas for running speaker wire to the amp and back to the speakers?

I've got nothing for that, someone may have advice.

Have fun, Be Well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived