LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing, In-car Video of #93 COBB Legacy GT (wreck)

GOTORacing

Ok, so here is a short clip of the incident that costs us 4+ hours of work and cost a loyal fan parts of his car http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Please exuse the obscenities, drivers tend to get a little frustrated when GS boneheads wreck their car.

http://norcalhondaracing.com/Videos...dwitchShort.wmv

Soon to be released... GOTO vs. ICY battle. Should have it up tomorrow.

it's how racing is, everybody fighting for the spot in line (see cobalt and S2K doing a little dicing around the turns).. (sidenote: it's not fun being in the marbles, even for HPDEs).. I spent this year working on off-line drives on the tracks that I know I will be racing on.. whether you like it or not, some parts of the track will be forced to use and you will learn from HDPEs or from practice sessions at least that some places are just not great, even if it's paved.

I love how some people just assume they can fit into a spot, I would have blocked him and get the black flag or something, he has hp, he could have passed on either side of you guys, not between.

Maybe it's time to put in the "wink" in the race car, we do it in the SpecE30s.

Wink Full View Rear View Mirrors

Keefe

Sorry to see the bad news. That clown in the Mustang was not paying attention.

Mid-Ohio is a great course. I would have liked to see the race.

Good luck in future runs. Keep us posted.

Mike

Xenonk I understand that while racing you have to fight for your spot on the track, but it wasn't race day it wasn't a race it was one of the early practices. It just didn't make sense for the guy to try and bully himself through cars like that on something that really didn't mean anything. Maybe since he has big sponsors and on a team with multiple cars and the money to spend on fixing a busted race car it makes sense but for me I just don't get it.

Xenonk I understand that while racing you have to fight for your spot on the track, but it wasn't race day it wasn't a race it was one of the early practices. It just didn't make sense for the guy to try and bully himself through cars like that on something that really didn't mean anything. Maybe since he has big sponsors and on a team with multiple cars and the money to spend on fixing a busted race car it makes sense but for me I just don't get it.

some guys in practice just love to go all out and feel out the rest of the field.. qualifying is worse IMO (as I think once you get pole position for sprint races, you are pretty golden), so people are just doing everything they can get to get a fast lap in.

it's a race weekend, some of these guys just push way too hard and think their car can do wonders since they can always push the car harder during the real race after some adjustments after practice.. it's that mentality "squeeze out everything you got, we'll sort it out later in the next session".

Keefe

Archived