LegacyGT.com

Dilemma!!!

sungsg4

Over the past few months I have been itching to trade in my ride. Finally, I have narrowed down to two choices: Toyota 4Runner SR5, or a LGT sedan (I do not find the wagons to be my cup of tea). However, after reading through several websites, there are some pros & cons I came up with and I am hoping that few readers with SUVs out there could help me out.

Let’s start with the 4Runner:

Pros: (1) More practical than a sedan, (2) higher resale value, lower operating costs (per Edmund & KBB)

Cons: (1) Worse MPG, (2) Not “sporty”

LGT:

Pros: (1) Turbo Turbo Turbo!! (2) Pretty good MPG (3) LGT.com :)

Cons: (1) Less practical (2) so-so resale value.

As of right now, I have a 30 mile commute (one way) with 10% city. 90% highway.

Both vehicle have extensive potential for modding, and are both reliable for years to come. I just need inputs from people who have/had SUV(s) and LGTs. Thank you again!

S.

4Runner: choppy ride. Lotta vehicle for the $. V=6 mileage we get around 20 MPG US. Tank, bulletproof. Nice when you gotta go offroad, you won't clip off suspension parts. Interior room OK. Easy topmounted oil filter (03 anyway) for simple oil changes.

This is the sig other's vehicle, if I had to drive it daily I'd would dump it and I have said so. Handles too much like an aircraft carrier, makes the darty LGT seem stable at 80 mph.

But if you go SUV this one's gotta make your short list. We're at 77k miles with no major issues.

Give the LGT wagon a try....once you make the switch to a wagon.....you never go back;)

JUst wish I could convince the wifey of that, if I could we would have a Outback XT also:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Do you drive on any curvy roads? And curvy roads with rough pavement? Tow? Carry heavy stuff? How long do you plan to own it?

Thank you guys for the response...

VVG: No, my commute involves mostly highway driving (so not, no curvy roads), but being in Pennsylvania, the roads are pretty bad. As for towing and heavy material, not too often, with the exception to the hardware/home improvement store for lumber & mulch. As for ownership time, I am planning to own the car for 7-9 years. I put on about 12K ~ 15K miles a year.

well, I guess coming from a economic perspective, how are the operating costs between the two vehicles?? Assuming gas will top $3.50/gallon in the Northeast (now $2.95ish) a year from now, it will probably be the best if I were to spend my $$ on a peddle bike...:(

if you really don't need the 4runner (this coming from a big toy fan) then go with the LGT. however, if you want the flexibility of an suv, fuel economy, and power... either wagon (which i didn't want either) or consider the hybrid highlander. 30 mpg city! 260 hp AWD and SUV style for lots of things. the downside = $$$
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Thank you all for you help. I guess pricing would be the ultimate deal maker/breaker. Would anyone know if prices for '07 LGTs for be comparable to the current (or lower)??? And would I be able to get them @ invoice few months down the road after they are released?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

S.

p.s. Any dealer recommendations in Central => Eastern PA???

Archived