LegacyGT.com

legacy insurance?

26, American Family. I think about 550 or so every 6 months. It come out to about 185 a month for full coverage, 250 deducts 500K on all. That's for my Legacy, my wife's 97 Pathfinder SE 4X4 and my 92 F-250 Heavy Duty. We both have perfect records, no tickets/accidents in the past 6 years, all the usual discounts:multi-vehicle, over 25, married, etc... Makes me wonder if I am paying too much, but my agent Kristl is the best lady and is always there if I have a question. Can't put much of a price on great service.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mercury insurance, 22, 2 claims not at fault, 1 ticket, 500 deductible, i believe its 250/250/250 with uninsured motorist and no rental, 176/month thats about 1056/6 month, not bad given my record

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

This will be pointless because you neglected the following questions:

Any tickets?

Any accidents?

Where do you live?

What are your deductibles?

What are your coverages?

What other policies do you hold with your provider?

How far from work do you live?

What special discounts do you qualify for?

How many vehicles do you insure?

Answer all of those and you're starting to get close to the full equation of what goes into your insurance rates. :rolleyes:

Uh.. not really. I got a pretty good idea so far that I'm going to be paying out of the ass since I'm only 19. I have a clean record; been driving for 3 years... Still I think I'm gonna get screwed on insurance regardless, upon reading some responses. :)

By the way, I have Mercury insurance... my current insurance is just non-coverage for me, full coverage for anyone else.

I am 19. I currently drive a 1991 Volvo.

Was looking to get full coverage and Mercury quoted me for a 2006 Subaru $1,572 for 6 months...

Does that seem fair even with my clean record? (No accidents, tickets, etc)

Plus the good student reward thing.. :icon_conf

You also have to account that Everything costs more in california... insurance falls under that rule of thumb also..

but really, i dont think your onna get that screwed on it...just need to find the right company

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

By the way, I have Mercury insurance... my current insurance is just non-coverage for me, full coverage for anyone else.

I am 19. I currently drive a 1991 Volvo.

Was looking to get full coverage and Mercury quoted me for a 2006 Subaru $1,572 for 6 months...

Does that seem fair even with my clean record? (No accidents, tickets, etc)

Plus the good student reward thing.. :icon_conf

ouch. I feel your pain, it sucks being a single male under 25 :lol:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

State Farm - Alaska

Driving Record: 0 points, no accidents

Comprehensive coverage includes glass replacement, $500 collision deductable, No deductable for any other claims. Uninsured coverage and state minimums for injury/damage liability.

Cost: $798 for 6 months.

26 y/o

No driving record

South Carolina

Allstate

Deduct = $250/$250

Coverage I think = $100,000/$100,000

Full coverage on everything plus other bells and whistles

$324 every 6 months

About $200 less than my 04 Pont. Grand Prix GTP

29, not the best driving record. Don't know exact quote as I just got it, and have to call it in and give them the VIN later today.

However, before the purchase, I checked with my insurance company (Allstate) and they said I'd save $464 every 6 months if I traded in my WRX and got the Legacy GT.

^I think Allstae is kind of expensive. I used to have them, you should shop around.

I'm waiting a bit, as I may be selling my house and moving out of the country in a year or two. I got the multiple policy discount right now, and most other insurance places won't look at me for another year because of a large comp claim I have :(

Archived