LegacyGT.com

Which synthetic should I use/do you use?

I'm plannin on makin the switch to synthetic and wanted to know what everybody thought about different brands of motor oil. Has anyone used Royal Purple, I've heard it's good but wanna see if anyone knows. Thanx.

We use Mobil I because we're using it in a fleet of vehicles. It's readily available anywhere and has a long track record.

If you don't travel a lot, availability may be less important.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Check Bob Is The Oil Guy forums, tons of info over there. My .02: While Mobil1, Royal Purple, Redline, etc are all very good oils, it isn't necessary to spend that kind of $ (esp. if you're doing 3k oil changes) or even close to it to give your engine all the protection it needs to lead a long and happy life.

Redline 5W-30. Supposed to be the best for turbo engines. Been great in my Legacy so far... Expensive at 8.80 a quart, but if it as good as it says, then 50 bucks an oil change is well worth it to me. My Subaru dealer stocks it too, so I can get a genuine Subaru filter at the same time

Redline 5W-30. Supposed to be the best for turbo engines. Been great in my Legacy so far... Expensive at 8.80 a quart, but if it as good as it says, then 50 bucks an oil change is well worth it to me. My Subaru dealer stocks it too, so I can get a genuine Subaru filter at the same time

I think Redline is the best stuff out there.

It is $7.00 from Welcome to MyOilShop.com shipping was $8.67 for a case of 12 qts.

Advance Auto has Pennzoil Platinum for $4.94 with a $2.50 rebate /qt limit 6..so this is a good deal until July 29

I just switched over to M1 5w30 after driving the initial 4500 miles on my OBXT on dino oil. The factory oil was changed out at 1500 miles to get rid of all the nasty metal parts accumulated during the break-in period.

Although I didn't see any significant increase in fuel economy, the entire drivetrain is smoother and revs very nicely. Best mod I've done for the Outback yet...

But TDC Stage 2.5 arrives next week hopefully :D

Archived