LegacyGT.com

Speaker Suggestions

NickB34

btw how well are Elemental Designs amps regarded???

From what I hear they are decent. 16psibrick is a dealer for them so he knows a lot about them. So far i think my setup is going to be

nine.2 w/ eDi 6500 mounted coaxially. If this won't work i have no idea what I'll do.

nine.2x w/ 13ov.2

cleansweep or 3sixty.1 (probably cleansweep can find hardly ANY info on 360)

knukonceptz wiring

16psi, do you think a run of 4guage wire to a distro and then 8guage out would be sufficient for this setup? Also is it worth it to run new 16ga wire into the doors or just to the stock wires? I'll probably mount my cs in the trunk along w/ the crossovers. Is it ok to run the speaker power wires next to the speaker wire going to the CS?

Last, since the nine.2x doesn't have a volume control does anyone have experience with the David Navone rca volume control knob? Would it introduce a lot of noise into the system to run rca's from the trunk to the cabin and back again for the sub? I'd like to be able to have a remote sub volume control but if this isn't possible i'll just deal with it.

16psi, do you think a run of 4guage wire to a distro and then 8guage out would be sufficient for this setup?

I do, 4g should be plenty. Keep your eye out for a new product from Alpine - the H650 - their version of a cleansweep so to speak. It may open some options for you.

I do, 4g should be plenty. Keep your eye out for a new product from Alpine - the H650 - their version of a cleansweep so to speak. It may open some options for you.

Any idea when it's coming out and what it will cost? From the initial things i heard it sounded like it would cost more than the CS. I'm trying to keep this at a lower price. The way i have it now not counting wires or box mats/spacers/harness i'm at a bit over $1100. Add in all of that other stuff and it will probably be $1300 or so w/ some sound deadening.

edit: Just looked up that H650 and the info on alpines website is pretty sparse. Looks like it might be like the 3sixty. It says it should be released in August but doesn't have a projected msrp yet.

Not sure yet, they haven't said. Talked to a couple dealers, they're thinking $3-400 to keep it competitive with the other products out there. The thing I like about it is multiple source add-on capability & it'll pink noise your car & equalize the final sound a second time, including time alignment.

Alpine's notorious for sandbagging release dates. I'd expect it out in the next 45 days, but no way to know for sure. Call Alpine USA, they have a number on the website.

Save some money on your wiring & install materials by going to partsexpress.com, you'll knock $100 off your bill pretty easy. Website's a pain but their stuff is quality & super inexpensive.

Examples - 4g wire, 25' roll, $26 & generic D block, 4g- (4)8g, $6

From what I hear they are decent. 16psibrick is a dealer for them so he knows a lot about them. So far i think my setup is going to be

nine.2 w/ eDi 6500 mounted coaxially. If this won't work i have no idea what I'll do.

nine.2x w/ 13ov.2

cleansweep or 3sixty.1 (probably cleansweep can find hardly ANY info on 360)

knukonceptz wiring

16psi, do you think a run of 4guage wire to a distro and then 8guage out would be sufficient for this setup? Also is it worth it to run new 16ga wire into the doors or just to the stock wires? I'll probably mount my cs in the trunk along w/ the crossovers. Is it ok to run the speaker power wires next to the speaker wire going to the CS?

Last, since the nine.2x doesn't have a volume control does anyone have experience with the David Navone rca volume control knob? Would it introduce a lot of noise into the system to run rca's from the trunk to the cabin and back again for the sub? I'd like to be able to have a remote sub volume control but if this isn't possible i'll just deal with it.

There's plenty of info out there but you have to search for "3Sixty"...here are a few links...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=3sixty

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=45819&highlight=3sixty

For a comparison from CS to 3Sixty, check out this link ( the 7th post)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500&highlight=3sixty

There's plenty of info out there but you have to search for "3Sixty"...here are a few links...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=3sixty

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=45819&highlight=3sixty

For a comparison from CS to 3Sixty, check out this link ( the 7th post)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500&highlight=3sixty

I've read all of those threads. The info I have been tryign to find is real world testing of the 3sixty. There is a lot of good info about the performance of the CS but the 3sixty real world tests are harder to come by. I found some more info on the Alpine H650 and it looks like it will be a very nice product and I might just wait to see how it performs.

btw all this INFO ARGGGGGG!

its driving me nuts cause i have the setup planned in my head, then i hear stuff like this where im able to save a buck or two but its making me rethink all the time!!! ;)

that it, ive decided to go with ALL eD, the prices and great warranty caught my attention. After researching them i came to realize its good stuff and many people are happy with them.

that it, ive decided to go with ALL eD, the prices and great warranty caught my attention. After researching them i came to realize its good stuff and many people are happy with them.

Nice. I came to the same conclusion about a month or so ago. Let me know how it goes because I probably won't have the time to get my system together for another month or 2. I'm thinking of doing a fiberglass sub box but have never worked with it before so we'll see how that goes.

Did you decide if you will use a CS or another product? I am really interested in the Alpine H650 that someone mentioned above. Also the new JBL unit looks nice.

edit: Just called alpine and their customer service wouldn't tell me anything about when the H650 is planned to be released or an expected price on it. Also I was looking at the eD website and saw that the new eDi 6000 set of components can be converted to coax like the Mb Quarts patagonian runs.

Nice. I came to the same conclusion about a month or so ago. Let me know how it goes because I probably won't have the time to get my system together for another month or 2. I'm thinking of doing a fiberglass sub box but have never worked with it before so we'll see how that goes.

Did you decide if you will use a CS or another product? I am really interested in the Alpine H650 that someone mentioned above. Also the new JBL unit looks nice.

edit: Just called alpine and their customer service wouldn't tell me anything about when the H650 is planned to be released or an expected price on it. Also I was looking at the eD website and saw that the new eDi 6000 set of components can be converted to coax like the Mb Quarts patagonian runs.

im in the same boat more or less, gotta catch up w/ some bills 1st then start my audio plans, i love the fg box they sell on here BUT i could probably get a plain jane carpeted/sealed box along w/ 2x10" eD subs for the same price.

im not 100% sure on the CS idea either, for the same price i could get a sweet deck put it in the cubby.... i have to decide if i want to sacrfice my gauges or relocate them.... or go w/ the CS...

decisions , decisions but one thing for sure eD is going to be my amp and speaker choice, after much reading i know i wont regret it!

im in the same boat more or less, gotta catch up w/ some bills 1st then start my audio plans, i love the fg box they sell on here BUT i could probably get a plain jane carpeted/sealed box along w/ 2x10" eD subs for the same price.

im not 100% sure on the CS idea either, for the same price i could get a sweet deck put it in the cubby.... i have to decide if i want to sacrfice my gauges or relocate them.... or go w/ the CS...

decisions , decisions but one thing for sure eD is going to be my amp and speaker choice, after much reading i know i wont regret it!

Do you already have a deck to use? The double din faceplate from avo is 275 and I couldn't find a single din plate on the site. That's only 25 less than a CS or 3sixty.1 Also when you put a deck in the cubby you have to cut those supports in the dash which i'm a bit leary about doing.

Next weekend I'm goign to try to make a FG sub box because I want a flush mount for a 12". We'll see how that goes.

avo sells a cubby adapter that lets you mount a standard din size radio in that spot, its about $115 last time i checked.

Wow, the adapter by itself costs $115? Then you add the price of a Source unit. It gets expensive fast don't you think?

sorry, have been too bus to read...

4 guage should be fine as long as its high strand wiring..

i have a very high opinion of Ed...their stuff works great, and for hte money cant be beat. their speakres, i rarely use simply becuase i am so used to the sound of DLS that a lot of other speakres sound poor to my ears, but for 250 bucks, the 6500 is NOT a bad speaker at all, great midbass is its strong point.

my opnion on source is still that a avo cubby for 115 plus say even a 250 dollar headunit, will sound better than any processing done on the stck system :)

b

• 3 weeks later...

I have some old Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.4 and 5.4 components that I've had for 10 years and installed in at least three cars... I've never even HEARD of eD speakers... am I getting old? The Bostons were the shiznit when I got them (and pricey too!). Now, I'm debating on installing these in my new GT, or have speakers come far enough in the last few years that I should E-Bay these and move on?

Pete

I have some old Boston Acoustic Pro Series 6.4 and 5.4 components that I've had for 10 years and installed in at least three cars... I've never even HEARD of eD speakers... am I getting old? The Bostons were the shiznit when I got them (and pricey too!). Now, I'm debating on installing these in my new GT, or have speakers come far enough in the last few years that I should E-Bay these and move on?

Pete

heres a hint "Clif Desings" :icon_wink

I have a set of CDT HD components, I must say they were the best investment I ever made Audio wise. But I did get them only for $225 a pop. The cheapest I could find them was $425 at the time. The shop I purchased them from had to pull them 2 weeks after I purchase them, for unknown reasons. These have been pulled from my cadillac and are awaiting install in my LGT.

Archived