LegacyGT.com

Question : Will a Stock GT wheel fit in the spare compartment of the LegacyGT?

It fits fine in the wagon; I just had to remove the foam compartment thingy that sits on top of the spare.

+1

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

HOLY SHIT. Now to find someone selling a stock wheel.

And, does the AWD fck with this at all? Don't you have to have tires running the same way or whatever?

Yes you do - its important that all the tires are oriented vertically along parrallel planes and not horizontally or a mix of the 2.:icon_bigg

The important thing with AWD is the outside diameter of the TIRE. They have to be within 1/4" of each other to prevent wear to the rest of the drivetrain. When you have to use the donut spare, Subaru says to pull the AWD fuse to force 2 wheel drive use. You will probably see less problems with a full size spare than the donut, especially if there is near equal treadwear.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

The important thing with AWD is the outside diameter of the TIRE. They have to be within 1/4" of each other to prevent wear to the rest of the drivetrain. When you have to use the donut spare, Subaru says to pull the AWD fuse to force 2 wheel drive use. You will probably see less problems with a full size spare than the donut, especially if there is near equal treadwear.
the fuse doesn't apply to the manual variety of the car, right?

Has anyone thought about trimming the foam tray so that you can still use it? Maybe there's something about the way it's shaped that makes going this route a bad idea but I'm not at my car right now to see for myself.

Archived