LegacyGT.com

Where to get Window Tinting in the Bay Area

SkullLeader

it is true, however i just drive carefully when i see cops maybe roll down my windows sometimes. i have 20% all around but i also have tan interior so the tint looks a little lighter. i wish i have gone darker int he back but the next darkest film he had was 5% and that is just way too dark for me.

I'm thinking about going 50% Fronts and 35% for the rest. But then I read somewhere on the CHP website that tinting the Front Side windows is illegal. Is this true?

It's illegal however I doubt you'll get a ticket for 50% up front. I had an outback wagon with 50/35 and kinda felt the fronts needed a little more then 50%, and wished that 20 was available for the rear. Wish I could find some 40-45% for front. No one ever complained about it being too dark in the back.

Went to some place in San Mateo but I'm not certain I'd recommend them, a couple of windows needed to be fixed, but they took so long (estimated 2-3 hours with scheduled appointment took almost 8), I was worried they'd take for-ever to fix it. Fortunately when a rear passenger started pealing after ~8mo they fixed it in about 30 minutes.

FYI got pulled over at night right after I got 50/35 (DAMN AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS!) and no comments from the CHP. I think it's still just a fix-it ticket so it'd be ~30 to remove, ~100 for the ticket, and ~80 for the re-tint.

with the tints is it cooler inside the wagon?

did anyone get their sunroof tinted?

lastly how much $$ are we talking about?

thanks

I got quoted by Vincent for all windows on my wagon except the windshield for $200. I didn't ask about the sunroof though. I got my appointment for this coming Tuesday.

with the tints is it cooler inside the wagon?

did anyone get their sunroof tinted?

lastly how much $$ are we talking about?

Definately cooler (even with a gold exterior/taupe interior). I think it cost me ~ $250 for the everything but the moonroof.

Also there's mixed feelings about tinting the moonroof, some are worried about cracking since it has the most sun exposure and the tint absorbs some of the light which heats it up then with some water it can cool differentially and crack. Some tint houses won't tint it for that reason. I think the problem is overplayed. I personally didn't because I keep the shade drawn during the day and want to see the stars at night.

Archived