LegacyGT.com

What do you think of these RIMS?

hovied

since a Spec B is silver, I would do silver or gunmetal.. but since you already have Black CE28s, I would go with silver or some high polish to give it a little "bling" for year-round use. Or you can go really wild with some cinnamon color rims to match your interior :p

I am not a big fan of gold rims. They look good on blue and silver cars though.

nah, I like VS-XXs better.. gotta love the U-mesh

The VS-XX is similar to the Work Esfida i used to have on my 1997 Mazda 323F. Same spoke design and both have semi flush bolts that hold the 3-pc wheel together. The only difference I see is that the lugs are not covered on the VS-XX. The only downside on the Esfida is the weight. I don't know if that changed in the VS-XX.

CCW doesn't clear Brembos very well on the STi.. keep that in mind. I wanted a set for my STi and they said although it could be done, it wouldn't look pretty and I'd have to run a thick spacer.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 6 months later...
CCW Classic wheels:

Construction

Race Proven 3-Piece Design

Lip - Spun Aluminum

Center - 6061-T6 Aluminum

Bolts - View Options Page for Available Bolts.

Finish

Lip - Mirror Polished

Center - View Options Page for Available Finishes.

17" sizes

Available in half inch increments up to 17" wide.

18" sizes

Available in half inch increments up to 17" wide.

Price

Track Model - From $2000 per set.

Upgraded Street Model - From $2250 per set. View Options Page for Differences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options for wheel bolts/nuts

S.S. ARP Bolts - Standard Equipment on Street Model

Cadmium Plated Generic Bolts - Standard Equipment on Track Model

Finish options for wheel centers

High Polished Center - Standard Finish

Shotpeened & Anodized Center - $12.50 per wheel

Options for center caps

Centercap - Street Model Only

No Centercap - Standard on Race Model, optional on Street Model

I was just curious on how strong these ccw classic wheels are. Is the 6061-t6 aluminum material used strong enough to with stand pot hole impacts, and all the road conditions in daily driving? A friend of mine told me about these rims, so I was curious to see if anyone on here had them or knows of them. Id appreciate the input, and info. Sorry for Thread jack.

I was just curious on how strong these ccw classic wheels are. Is the 6061-t6 aluminum material used strong enough to with stand pot hole impacts, and all the road conditions in daily driving? A friend of mine told me about these rims, so I was curious to see if anyone on here had them or knows of them. Id appreciate the input, and info. Sorry for Thread jack.

rims bends usually start with the tire choice you match with along with the car weight.

If you pick a fairly strong tire and have the correct tire pressure to withstand the impact, you'll be fine. (there's a reason why race tracks use tire walls more so nowadays than the typical jersey/concrete wall as it can absorb better of the impact).. it's an exaggerated example, but you get the idea.

CCW's have been used in a lot of race cars (who hop over all sorts of gators and curbings and some off-road excursions out on the track).. the good thing about them is that most of their wheels are multi-piece, so even if you bent the rim, they can be a lot easier and cheaper to repair than a single-piece rim.

Keefe

rims bends usually start with the tire choice you match with along with the car weight.

If you pick a fairly strong tire and have the correct tire pressure to withstand the impact, you'll be fine. (there's a reason why race tracks use tire walls more so nowadays than the typical jersey/concrete wall as it can absorb better of the impact).. it's an exaggerated example, but you get the idea.

CCW's have been used in a lot of race cars (who hop over all sorts of gators and curbings and some off-road excursions out on the track).. the good thing about them is that most of their wheels are multi-piece, so even if you bent the rim, they can be a lot easier and cheaper to repair than a single-piece rim.

Thats good to know. I really appreciate the reply. So tires like the pirelli pzero neros, bridgestone re090(i think thats what they are called), and products like those would be good to use right? Alright, well I think I've found my set of rims im going to get this coming summer.

Archived