LegacyGT.com

Mandrel Bent Intake for the 2.5i

because it does not fit. i know someone tried it on and the filter would sit where the abs pump is on our cars.

yeah that was me, I tried the Weapon R one, Im sure the Injen is the same design so hes correct, it will not fit.

...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

I have been speaking with the engineers at Xcceleration.com and they CLAIM that their short ram intake (which utilizes the stock tubing, but changes the filter box) gives gains of 7-10 hp. While I am apprehensive about believing these numbers, does anyone have an opinion or experience with the Xcceleration.com intakes for NA legacys'. It the same intake they use for the WRX. LEt me know.

Alex

I talkedto oneof the local fabricators here and he agreed to make some intakes for our cars. he needs to know if there is interest in them, and he would like about 15-20 people to preorder. the intake did not go into the prototype stages yet, and there is no pricing yet available, but he said the intakes most likely will be under $200 including the air filter. let me know if there is any interest in them. I know i posted this in another thread, but i like to keep track of the interest for the intake in another thread. please note that there will be no money made on my part.

Definitely interested in the results over here...a damn prius passed me on the road today!

• 5 weeks later...
you could use this but then youll still have the restriction from the intake hose and resonator box

Nope. The adaptor he cited is meant to mate to a flat surface - I.E., assumes the MAF/aibox interface is a plane. This is not true of our '05+ Legacies, N/A or turbo.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived