LegacyGT.com

Need help defending the Legacy GT on the TSX boards. LInk inside.

oy... not going to troll there but tsx are nice cars for what they are... and thats not performance oriented. its a watered down tl to me, i think their power to weight ratio is also pretty bad from what i remembered... either way im happy with my lgt and their happy with their tsx's

i think you are being a little too offended here. they do seem to like it and are stating why they didnt get the LGT or why they got the TSX. I do like seeing some Scooby pride here but please don't turn that int a flame war.

BTW where the guy was talking about he likes the twisties, an AT is more suited to drag and MT is more for the twisties. Either that or he is a noob to cars in general. If they did get into bashing then you can just pull up articals on the GT that prove it supiror to the TSX and let them talk for you.

As someone who has had an 04 tsx and has an 05 lgt, i'll take the lgt hands down..

However.. if you value 6mt, better navi system available, better handling/cornering/lighter on its feet over the turbo spooling up, by all means :) Really if my tsx had about 50 more hp and about 40 more tq, i probably would still have it.

different strokes for different folks

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

The TSX is a nice car, certainly. That said, I think this is a case that shows how important marketing is. I don't think Subaru has done a great job in that department. Their commercials always push AWD, which is certainly nice, but lots of vehicles have that these days.

I think ninjamyst said it best

"Congrats. The Legacy GT is a great car and I also almost bought one. But like most people here, I value luxury over horsepower. Just feels better driving an Acura with bluetooth and navi versus a Subaru...i am a snob...haha"

I think a lot of people were split between the two, I was one of them. Those who wanted power and AWD got the GT, those who wanted the luxury aspect went with the TSX. I have no doubt both are happy with their decision.

Edit: Why did you post on their forums when you decided to get a GT? To them, they're probably thinking that YOU'RE the troll

No bashing there.

I have not driven the Acura TSX as it does not have a wagon form. I was throughly impressed with our 3 week rental of a Euro Honda Accord wagon(Euro Accord=TSX). Still the power was missing of the LGT but a nice car indeed.

I sold my TSX to buy my Legacy Wagon and I was a regular on the Azine board, it really is a great community over there, I had lots of help when I was modding my TSX. They were pretty even tempered over there about car comparos, especially to the LGT, there were alot of Subaru fans on the board. And as posted above, people who wanted more luxury went the TSX route, people who wanted more power and performance went the LGT route.

Me... well I didn't even get the GT so my only excuse is that I needed a car I could do more with...AWD was a big factor as well, and I love wagons. I miss the TSX sometimes when I am hitting an exit ramp a little above the speed limit, but other than that, I am very happy with my N/A wagon :icon_bigg -and looking forward to winter. Last year the TSX got stuck at Home Depot in the parking lot when I went out to buy rock salt...over a foot of snow, but that will never happen with the Subaru.

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Well the TSX = Euro Accord. But yes, its not luxury at all. I've driven the 6 speed TSX, its a nice car, but it is not luxurious.

I owned an RSX before the WRX. It was not luxury. My father had a 3.2 TL Type S, it was not luxurious either. The only Acuras that are upscale are the RL and NSX.

The TSX has a very nice front end, but besides that its slow (0-60 in 7.8sec) and it has the same interior as the Accord. You get less in the TSX than the same priced Legacy GT.

Tsx was the only car I test droved before I got my lgt. It’s reliable, sounds great and smooth shifter(although not as good as s2k). The best is that you get to hit the red line on every gear without getting yourself a ticket. It’s definitely fun to drive but not enough to make me smile like my LGT.

well there was that oil thread lol
+

:jedi:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I've had an Acura CL for the last 6 years, and get tsx loaners from the dealer. The tsx is a nice car inside and out in my opinion, just underpowered, I am always happy to get back in my car afterwards. If it had comparable power to the legacy I would consider staying with acura as I have been pleased with their service. But since the TL costs quite a bit more, I think I will be getting an LGT later this summer.

Archived