34 members have voted

1. 1. 2.5 LGT vs. Mazdaspeed6

• Subaru
    • Mazda

Bottom line:

If you want luxury and more refinement ==>> MS6

if you want mod capability and speed/track/sportiveness ===>> LGT

Key features:

MS6 => Direct Injection Engine, better MPG, better interior, better Navigation and 6MT

LGT => Subaru Symmetrical AWD, faster, more reliable (at least for now)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

thanx for all the replies guys, and yeah i know the biased would of course skew the results of the poll...but i currently own a Mazda 6s 5 speed, love the car its great, a little underpowreed, but i know alot of people on this site(or i should say a few threads) that complain about the built quality....so that has me thinking...

i absolutely fell in love with this car's power, and handling, but i'm going to have to get get a few prices, and test drive a few to make sure...thanx guys

Do you plan to perform any aftermarket upgrades to the vehicle?

I only ask because I am completely ignorant in so far as aftermarket support goes for the MS6.... The LGT is very well supported in this regard, but I am not sure how the comparison may go.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yeah i know the aftermarket stuff for the Legacy is cray, there are a few things for the MS6..springs, cp-e intake, no real exhaust system....

and i know with an up and downpipe combo this Legacy would be sick...i'll probably throw in maybe 1.5k into the car worth of mods....but no more than that

The LGT is very well supported in this regard, but I am not sure how the comparison may go.
You really think so? A handful of DP makers and 1 Co. making new turbos and a few coilovers...The WRX/STi has a very well supported after market. The legacy support is mediocre at best :(

I still would not be caught dead in Mazda :lol:

You really think so? A handful of DP makers and 1 Co. making new turbos and a few coilovers...The WRX/STi has a very well supported after market. The legacy support is mediocre at best :(

^ Or rather, I should have framed this in our specific vehicle-segment.

I come from a DSM background, since '92. To say that I rather quickly assimilated and digested all possible "quickie mods" for the LGT would be a :lol: + 1/2.

;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks alot for that video, even though i've seen it already it brings up a great point, the body roll is alot heavier in the subura(sloppy i think they say), but i'm sure it can be corrected with a few sway bars, and maybe even a slightly suttle drop with some springs...coilovers would be great, but could get a little pricey. In the end the subura is quite fast in a straight line, and i think thats the biggest factor in my book...with an up/down combo...this Legacy could be a real killer, and its such a sleeper...gotta go check it out in person...

Archived