LegacyGT.com

DOH!!!! SPT Intake

Scotty

I just got my SPT Intake. Pulled off the old intake and started putting the SPT intake into my car. F&%K!. The bushing to mount the support strut is the wrong size. It's too big to thread into the hole and it's too big to fit over the strut. :icon_conf It didn't even come with nuts for that size thread.

I guess it's back to the dealer to figure out what they can do.

I guess I'm not the only one then. I have the exact same problem. Its obviously the wrong size.

I installed the intake without the bracket for the time being as its fairly well on there as is. I'll talk to the dealer on monday when they reopen.

Initial impressions of the intake already make me want to take it off. It is obnoxiously loud :(

• 6 months later...
I just got my SPT Intake. Pulled off the old intake and started putting the SPT intake into my car. F&%K!. The bushing to mount the support strut is the wrong size. It's too big to thread into the hole and it's too big to fit over the strut. :icon_conf It didn't even come with nuts for that size thread.

I guess it's back to the dealer to figure out what they can do.

I had the same problem in August 2006, it took SPT 4 Months to respond, they finally called they promised they have instituted a full QA program. I asked why they did not respond to the Parts department, they answered with silence.

I like the fact that they instituted a QA program after shipping the product to customers.

Archived