LegacyGT.com

You are all bad influences!

Aside from the unhealthy amount of time I spend here, you are all very bad influences, with your fancy modified cars and kick-ass wheels and big tires, and, well you get the idea.

It all started with just a taste, and then I was hooked. I've had my car since last September, and aside from tint and de-badging, it has remained stock. Then I got bored one day and deicded to yank the silencer from the air box. And then I decided it would sound better with a panel filter, so in that went.

But it didn't stop there. After missing out on a set of STi wheels, I decided to spend that money (which I probably shouldn't be spending anyway) on springs. I ordered them today, and they'll be here on Monday. I won't have a chance to install them until after the 4th of July though, so it's going to be a rough couple of weeks.

And it's all your fault! All of you!

So what should I do next?????

And it's all your fault! All of you!

So what should I do next?????

For every mod you consider, divide the cost by two. Take that amount and paypal it to me. You will save half the amount you were originally going to spend and avoid altering your car. Everyone wins.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

Followed by a quick UP/DP purchase and a flash to stage 2!

Followed by a protune!!! hehehehehehehehe

Then you will really take the most out of your ride!!!

Good luck,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

No shit. Because of this site I already brutalized my wallet for:

All-around tint

JDM RSB

JDM GT Bilsteins/JDM springs

STI Pinks

Spec B wheel with audio controls

Momo knob

Cobb STS

GY F1 tires

Nokian WR tires

Endless SS-M pads

Mcgard Splinedrive lugs/locks

And tomorrow buying set of STI BBS wheels....

And it's all within a month I bought the car. I better not add all this up!

And the worst part is I said "no power mods". Now I am thinking of some... :rolleyes:

I've already been scoping out the AP/UP/DP/STG2/ProTune, but it will be a looooong time before I can hide enough money from my wife to cover all that. She doesn't even know about the springs yet. Think she'll notice them?

Given the weight of my right foot, though, I'm thinking mild brake upgrades (lines/pads/fluid, maybe rotors) are due before adding any power. Surprisingly enough, this is the most powerful and quickest car I've ever personally owned, so as much as I enjoy more power and speed, I'm going to hold off on the power mods for now.

Yes .. she will notice, and trust me, its better to tell her now .. and talk to her about what you want to get .... work something out, hiding stuff will only make things worse when she does find out ;) <- has been down that path once :)

Yes .. she will notice, and trust me, its better to tell her now .. and talk to her about what you want to get .... work something out, hiding stuff will only make things worse when she does find out ;) <- has been down that path once :)

:eek: Noooo!! Don't tell!!!! Just tell her the parts are necessary to convert the GT into a "Hybrid"!! But seriously, upgrading the brakes/suspension first is a good idea.:icon_cool

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I got rid of my last car because it was a money pit in the aspect of modding costs. I bought this one brand new nice warranty already fast and fun. Next thing you know there is a ION springs group buy. and eyelines look so nice and a AP will fix your stutter and make it faster. Stage 2 will get the most out of your car. I hate you all. J/K it was probably gonna happen anways.

I think this is why I keep putting off buying a new one. Without peer pressure or knowledge of what was out there my current legacy has stayed stock, but I am already putting a list of things to do when I get my new one.

dooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! you know you are tired of that slow ass L (trust me...i know u are!!)

i have a list of ideas/parts but no money :( cmon new job and let them pay me like they have paid their first 45 employees!!!!!

Kenda:dm:

It was a 97 Grand Prix GTP. Built it up to 13.5 and 102mph. But just like the Legacy at stage 2 it got expensive after a certain point. I got it into the thirteens after a few hunderd dollars. Then the next couple thousand after that gave me hardly anything.

While a membership in the UUC may be in order in the near future, I will be informing my wife of my spring purchase. She's going to be out of town for two weeks, so they will be installed then. A phone conversation will then take place letting her know that the money I was going to spend on the STi wheels has instead been spent on springs. Then I'll have a week or so to finish painting the back yard fence and cleaning the house, etc. before she gets home. A painted fence will go a long way, let me tell you.

And my previous car, which remained stock, was an Audi A6 2.7T S-Line. Believe me, I wanted to mod that car in the worst way, but I am so glad I saved my money and got my Legacy instead!:icon_mrgr

The next mod has arrived, and it's killin' me.

UPS just dropped off a box of springy German goodness (H&R springs), but I won't be able to get them on the car for a week!

It's going to be a very long week.

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaa...it just gets better and better (worse and worse for the pocket :D)

And .. even better .. my wife told me last night I could get the RBS lip spoiler for my car .. (Of course, the trade off here is she wants to trade her car in for a Mazda5 for our family ... ) SO .... I might ... but with $400 to spend I can get lots more stuff! :) heh.

And .. even better .. my wife told me last night I could get the RBS lip spoiler for my car .. (Of course, the trade off here is she wants to trade her car in for a Mazda5 for our family ... ) SO .... I might ... but with $400 to spend I can get lots more stuff! :) heh.

Do yourself a favor on that Mazda, go test drive one on a hot day and ride in the back. I've heard (from a friend who sells Mazdas) that the A/C can't cope with the extra interior volume of the 5, especially with all that glass. Apparently it gets toasty in the back seats. Too bad, too, since it's pretty slick looking for a mini-minivan type thing.

Archived