LegacyGT.com

Good dealer for service in Chicagoland?

I want to get new Legacy GT from the dealer that i'll be coming back for service later. I don't care how good or bad that dealer in negotiations (I'll have VIP pricing anyway - if available on this car - so there won't much negotiation). Anybody can recomend dealer with reliable service in area from north side of Chicago to south WI area (I live in Buffalo Grove). Also I don't plan to put any performance mods anytime soon(maybe later). but I want to build custom NAV/MP3/DVD/ODB2 PC in car, so I want to know how well they can tolerate some mods of this kind. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I LOVE Evanston Subaru. Ask for Dan Szumal. He's aces, and tell him Kevin Williams sent you. That's the "no B.S." identifier. :lol: Their service department is excellent. It hit a low point for a bit there, but is improving. I don't mod, so I can't say how mod-friendly they are. I know that when I came in with DMS coilovers and a Cobb cat-back, they didn't bat an eyelash. But they had seen people doing really stupid stuff to cars. I also have a great relationship with them, based on a) buying three cars there; b) sending others there who have bought cars; and c) not being a prick, which I think counts for a lot. Good luck, Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']I don't mod, so I can't say how mod-friendly they are. I know that when I came in with DMS coilovers and a Cobb cat-back, they didn't bat an eyelash. [/quote] Are you trying to tell us you are a reformed modder Kev? Dave.

[quote name='Gumby'][quote name='gtguy']I don't mod, so I can't say how mod-friendly they are. I know that when I came in with DMS coilovers and a Cobb cat-back, they didn't bat an eyelash. [/quote] Are you trying to tell us you are a reformed modder Kev? Dave.[/quote] :lol: I wouldn't say I'm quite reformed, judging from the list of STi stuff on my car. :lol: But I am heavily into Fuji Heavy stuff. I've done brakes and suspension quite comprehensively on my WRX wagon, and the only non-FHI part is the Cusco front lower brace. But no, my car doesn't make noise any more, even if my stock muffler is louder than any stock WRX muffler anyone has ever heard. :lol: "What kind of muffler is that?" "Stock." "Stock? No way!" It's very funny when that happens. Kevin

[quote name='SUBE555']Kevin just didn't know someone gutted hit cats on him. :lol:[/quote] :lol: Some guy on NASIOC called my a "hippie tree hugger" when I suggested that cat gutting and/or removal was environmentally irresponsible. :roll: Kevin

Well I like to have at least one cat, but I think the up-pipe ones are frivolous. Have one far enough up the downpipe and of a high-flow configuration, it has been shown with the higher quality cats, that the same or better emissions can be had over the stock felines if the cat is in the optimal position. Guess I'm a tree hugger in a way too then Kevin. :D

I think the uppipe cat really only helps at cold start so that it starts working faster due to the quicker heating. I'd guess that after a few minutes it is mostly just a restriction. I'm keeping the stock single cat (or a high-flow one anyway) when I finish my 90 Legacy project even though it will be too old for emissions testing. Aren't us Sube guys [i]supposed[/i] to be outdoorsy? I ride and kayak and I'd like to help the environment when possible. I also like to have sex outdoors, preferably surrounded by trees, not parked cars. What does removing all the cats accomplish anyway? A couple HP? Why bother? I've got to go now and take care of this skin rash on my face from poison sumac... Steve

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I pray to god that there isn't a cat in the uppipe! That's gonna suck... again... What a stupid thing for them to do with the WRX.. just plain stupid.[/quote] I don't know if the WRX would be an LEV without the third cat, though. Kevin

I'm proud of the fact that my car is a LEV, the WRX already uses to much gas for a small car. Removing Cats has become fashion more than anything, with the money spent doing uppipe, downpipe and mbc you could have a Cobb reflash, about the same power increase but clean and with proper engine management intact. It's refreshing to see environmentally minded Subie people 8)

I agree Zevil, Diesel trucks and tractors, and other fueled vehicles pollute definitely more, 15sec of cold-start emissions or whatever, um okay. But keep that up-pipe cat in there so we have another area to pull more power from. :p One high-flow cat immediately after the turbo is close enough to the exhaust ports to keep the heat and efficiently minimize emissions while opening up the exhaust enough to produce a bit more power and perhaps even mileage at the same time if used in conjunction with a good reflash and the right stoichometric ratio.

Thanks Kevin. I think I'll give him a visit somewhere in may. I'm not sure if you want me to mention your name since he won't make much money on this referal, My company offers VIP prices for Subaru to employes and selling car below invoice when it just came out may not make dealer feel very happy. From the other side - new models might be excluded from VIP purchase for some time.

Archived