LegacyGT.com

New Chryslet Sebring - hot looking!!!

I dont get it. 2.0 turbocharged 4cyl engine that will only put out 140hp for the export market? How in the heck is that supposed to sell? Especially in a car that big.

Diesel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prob 250 lbft torque!!!! Heheheheheeh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

4 door? does this mean its no longer going to be a convertible? Isn't the only reason the sebring has sold as many cars as it had been the fact that it was a convertible? Has chrysler forgetten that the only reason they survived the 80's was because of the Caravan and the Lebaron convertible.

Looks like I continue hanging on to my 94 Lebaron convertible.

BTW it looks like a bloated Crossfire, a car I never really cared for to begin with.

Underdog, We have the best years for the Lebaron anyway. I remember reading an article about the 94 Lebaron after I had bought it, basically it talked about the Chrysler\massareatti TC, a car the 2 complanies built together and neither could market(Had manufacturing problems in europe so it came out 9 monthes late, and in the US it was to similiar to the Lebaron of the time for people to pay the extra cash). So they discontinued it in 93 and basically stuck a back seat in it and turned it into the 94-95 Lebaron.

Then they replace it with the underpowered and weird looking sebring. If I remeber they sold both in 95 and the Lebaron outsold the sebring hands down.

Underdog, We have the best years for the Lebaron anyway. I remember reading an article about the 94 Lebaron after I had bought it, basically it talked about the Chrysler\massareatti TC, a car the 2 complanies built together and neither could market(Had manufacturing problems in europe so it came out 9 monthes late, and in the US it was to similiar to the Lebaron of the time for people to pay the extra cash). So they discontinued it in 93 and basically stuck a back seat in it and turned it into the 94-95 Lebaron.

Then they replace it with the underpowered and weird looking sebring. If I remeber they sold both in 95 and the Lebaron outsold the sebring hands down.

Turbo?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Sadly no, the dumped the turbo and only offered the 3.0L V6 which was actually not a bad engine. Built by Mitsubishi, and is the same engine that they offered in the low end 3000GT. While HP seemed low it had lots of Torque which actually made it perform better than what most people thought it would do when looking at the numbers.

Archived