LegacyGT.com

New Chryslet Sebring - hot looking!!!

DETROIT -- The Chrysler brand will take on mid-sized car segment leaders Honda Accord and Toyota Camry with a blend of high style and high technology in the redesigned 2007 Chrysler Sebring.

Chrysler unveiled the 2007 Sebring sedan on Thursday. The car will arrive at dealerships late this year. The new Sebring also will be exported, with those sales beginning in the first half of 2007.

Chrysler would not say what the sticker price of the new Sebring will be but said it will be priced below the Accord and Camry, which both start above $18,000.

The 2006 Sebring sedan has a base price of $20,730, including shipping charges.

The 2007 Sebring has dramatic exterior styling, including sharp edges along the body side and lines on the hood. The high, curved roof line sweeps back toward a short trunk lid.

Inside, the automaker will make several safety technologies standard equipment, including side-curtain airbags and antilock brakes. Traction control and stability control are optional. [/url]http://cwimg.us.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20060622&Category=FREE&ArtNo=60622001&Ref=V2&Profile=1024&maxw=490

The driver's seat is mounted about 2.5 inches higher than the current Sebring's to give a better view of the road and help it appeal to drivers accustomed to the seating position of an SUV.

The technology menu includes an optional audio system with a 20-gigabyte hard drive that can store and play digital music and display photos. Other options include cupholders that can heat or cool drinks and power windows that can be raised or lowered with the key fob. http://cwimg.us.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20060622&Category=FREE&ArtNo=60622001&Ref=V3&Profile=1024&maxw=490

The powertrain lineup includes the base 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, rated at 172 hp. Optional engines are a 190-hp, 2.7-liter V-6 and 235-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. The 3.5-liter engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, while the other engines use a four-speed or five-speed automatic.

The automaker also will offer a 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel four-cylinder engine for export markets. That engine is rated at 140 hp.

Through the first five months of this year, Sebring's U.S. sales totaled 41,340 units, down 4.9 percent from the same period in 2005.

The Chrysler group will build the 2007 Sebring at its assembly plant in Sterling Heights, Mich., which has been retooled for the new vehicle. Production starts in the third quarter.

No Diesel offered in US whatsoever!!

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/FREE/60622001/1024/LATESTNEWS

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Looking good - now here's my question - FWD, AWD, or RWD?

Probably wrong wheel drive...

But you never know, it's all under Mercedes managements, they may bring a reae wheel drive platform into this medium size sedan as well...

If they sold the diesel version here, it would be a great commuter car!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Am I the only voice of reason here? Don't go getting all offended but that thing is butt-ugly average American corporate fleet car. It's on par with the new Impala. Barf. Another embarrassment for our country. I'm kind of surprised at DCX given a bunch of recent good designs.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Almost guaranteed to be FWD. MAYBE (big maybe) an AWD option... but I wouldn't hold any breath.

Art Deco. Yipee. Not that impressed. putting a few creased lines in does not a miracle make. It is less bland, though, I'll admit.

Heated and cooled cupholders. Interesting. DVD/HD/Aux/NAV... they are trying pretty hard here...

Other than that, pretty bland. I guess we'll see what the Avenger twin looks like (I am thinking crossing this with the Charger/Challenger aesthetic.)

Lots of gimmicky stuff, and D/C making a big deal about it being cheaper than comparably equipped camry says "cut corners" and "suspect long term reliablility" to me, with Chrysler's track record. This car is on the new platform with the Caliber, IIRC, not an old tank platform like the RWD big bruiser chryslers, based on a couple of generations old E-class. So robustness is not gauranteed here.

This seems to me to be a "hail mary" pass for a FWD econo-sedan. Ironically, Chrysler is the one that needs it less desperately than Ford or GM. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Fusion and Malibu/G6 in the next year or two to try and one up this new sebring.

But it isn't converting me, that is for sure.

Am I the only voice of reason here? Don't go getting all offended but that thing is butt-ugly average American corporate fleet car. It's on par with the new Impala. Barf. Another embarrassment for our country. I'm kind of surprised at DCX given a bunch of recent good designs.

You hit the nail on the head Sir !

Fugly, as only a domestic car can be. What's with the wrinkles on the hood ? Getting old already !

If they were really, really smart, and I had been hoping for this, they should have put the 5.7L HEMI into the lase generation 2 door Sebring Coupe (not bad looking) + a 6MT. I, and legions of other American muscle-car heads, would have rushed to the dealers.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Yeah sorry but :whore: looks better but still like gunt.

+10 (I counted.)

IMHO this is pretty disappointing styling from DCX - I especially hate the way the door cut lines are executed at the top of the doors. Says "cheap", not "classy". This is pretty fugly, whereas I was just 'disappointed' with the execution of the current Sebring. A long time ago now, I was over at Chrysler's headquarters and saw the current Sebring "body-in-white" (sheetmetal body unpainted, no drivetrain, no suspension, no trim, no nothing except bare metal) and I thought it was STUNNING. But then they loused it up with big wheel gaps, high-profile tires, and uninspired front and rear end lighting and trim treatments. And a cheap interior and lousy drivetrain, of course. And I still believe the basic shape was there, and it could have been a gorgeous car. This new one, not so much.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived