LegacyGT.com

Shopping for tires?????

GTTuner

Hey all, the tire rack has a special on the Yokohoma AVS dB S2 UHP tire. They are three season (i think) ultra high performance tires, with a special tread pattern and compound to make them extra quiet.

$103.00 a piece for the 215/45-17. Regular price was $163.00 each. They are nice tires.

I might grab a set now and wait another 10K or so to put them on. The RE92's are about 3/4 worn now.

Just put on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD. They are $88 for the WR version with a $100 Goodyear card, works out to $63 each.

Only had them on for a week. These tires make a HUGE difference versus the 92's. Better directional control, more confident in the turns and a lot better braking feel/stopping distance. Only drawback is small bumps are amplified through the suspension. I highly recommend them and can't wait to get out to an auto-x.

Actually, the AVS db S2's are an "Ultra High Performance ALL-Season" Tire, rather than a 3-season (Summer) tire. Never tried these latest ones, myself, but I used to love Yoko's on my old Contour. At least, at first. I can't remember the various designations now, but their original AVS all-seasons were awesome, but I thought their subsequent 'improved' versions were not actually improved. My last set on the Contour were the original db's and I did like those better than my previous set, but probably not as much as the originals. Undoubtedly very good tires, but their might be better choices in that same price range as well:

Tirerack Customer Surveys:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

Tirerack Test Results:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/co_contiExtremeContact.jsp

I've got the P-Zero Nero M+S's and have been very very happy with them for the last 25k miles. Purchased them at the local Discount Tire for $110 each, mounted, plus I got another $20 off each tire for trading in the almost-new RE92's, so the total bill was $386. Funny in that I had actually wanted to buy the Conti's, but the shop made me the much better offer on the Nero's. I actually also just yesterday ordered the GS-D3's from the Tirerack special and will swap those on now and save the Nero's for one more winter. All-seasons are always a compromise: Summer tires FTW!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

QTwo.....Those Eagles are awesome tires, we have a used 05 LGT on the lot with them and I took it for a ride. Great tire, BUT, if you live in the snowbelt areas, I think they are three season rated. I was less than enamoured at the performance of my RE92's in the snow also. I guess the best way to go is dedicated snows for winter.

I always had great experiences with Yokos. I HATE wheel shimmy and every Goodyear I ever bought shimmied at some speed (usually the speed you like to cruise at), so I don't trust GoodYear in that respect. The used car I tried with the Eagles was vibration free, a good sign that Goodyear is tightening up Q/C.

I know some here on the forum are picky about road noise too (like me), thats why I might try the dB's from Yoko.

I'm also in the market for new tires soon and I looked on tirerack.com. It showed General Exclaim as the #1 ultra hi performance tire. With 192 reviews it has the highest overall rating and a 360 treadwear rating. They are the cheapest tires for $107 for 225/35/19 that I need. Anyone have input on General Exclaim tires? Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm also in the market for new tires soon and I looked on tirerack.com. It showed General Exclaim as the #1 ultra hi performance tire. With 192 reviews it has the highest overall rating and a 360 treadwear rating. They are the cheapest tires for $107 for 225/35/19 that I need. Anyone have input on General Exclaim tires? Thanks

My wifes VW has these on it. Came stock on the vehicle. I like them alot, seem to roll fast, have good stiff sidewalls and braking is short enough. I drove the car as fast as I dare (total stock) and the tires were perfect, the car couldn't handle the speed and effort though.

F1 GS-D3s FTW! Tire Rack is still doing the $88 sale + $100 Goodyear gift card. I switched from Toyo T1Rs and the F1s are a BIG improvement.

Good to know!! I went from SO-3's to T1-R's on my Miata and have been VERY happy with the Toyo's on that car, but my GS-D3's for the Leggy just arrived today (!) and I'm anxious to give them a try. What, specifically, did you find to be "a BIG improvement" with the Goodyears??

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Holy Cow. That car looks mean! I like how the tires fill the wheel wells out nicely. Perfect offset too. The gunmetal wheels look really nice on the Atlantic blue.

BTW, Where did you get the front lip spoiler?????

I got it from our member "WRX_LGT" he makes and sells them. Itmade out of very thick fiberglass and is made for USDM LGT. No cutting or drilling(it uses the same holes that have the plastic rivets) and it fit all the way back to the wheel wells not like the STI lip. Here are some up close pix to see how it fit.

081559(1).thumb.JPG.57b97694d2ca5371aad15907d1964ad0.JPG

081617(1).thumb.JPG.61f34c3e61c61b0381fd84e796eaf610.JPG

081633(1).thumb.JPG.bd204eefa0320fe1c544145e2a885d1b.JPG

081912(2).thumb.JPG.8adaed24a05a6136636bd26e0c91802a.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived