LegacyGT.com

New recall...anybody else?

WhatV8

Well, I registered myself on the MySubaru website this past Saturday and noticed a warning on my home page (?!?). Checked it and it was Recall WWY09, to replace the coolant due to excessive chlorine levels in the engine coolant. Nice, had the car 2 months and hit the first recall :icon_mad: . Service is to just flush and refil with new coolant. What is weird is I then stroll down to the mail box and find my recall notice in the mail...talk about coincidence!

Anywho, dropped my car off Tuesday morning for the recall. The recall wasn't even in their system yet, sheesh I must be ahead of the curve? When I picked it up Wednesday morning the service writer mentioned that their system was updated Tuesday afternoon and all the info showed up, so my vehicle records were properly updated.

-----------------------------------

Ted

06 2.5i Ltd Wgn

86 SVO Mustang

I got the recall and took mine in to have it done. I remember seeing a post about the AC going from cold to less cold and then back to cold again when you have it set in manual mode. I never had that problem or at least don't think I did and now after the recall I seem to have the issue. I was searching for the original post about this and saw this one so figured I'd reply. Wonder if anyone else runs into the same issue...

For those who haven't seen anything, my build date for my 06 was 08/05. So if you have an August build date on your data label on your door, keep your eyes on your mail. With all the aluminum our coolant touches, I could easily see issues with high chlorine levels.

It is interesting to see that my car must have sat on the Dearborn dealer's lot from August 2005 till I had it transferred to my local dealer in April 2006. I know my 86 SVO was built in late January 1986 and sat till late August 1986, when its warranty was activated. Both were 8 month late bloomers. :icon_wink

-----------------------------------

Ted

06 2.5i Ltd Wgn

86 SVO Mustang

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't apply to all cars, very few to be honest the info is here: http://www.thel7.com/Recalls/WWY-09.pdf

From what I understand it was not a "coolant" issue, it was an issue with the water used in the coolant mix having an unusually high level of chlorine.

P.S. TheL7 - Your "unauthorized" BL/BP Model Legacy Information Source always has good info....

Archived